Senior Product Designer
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
Stride Health is looking for a Senior Product Designer to translate the needs of people who work for themselves into delightful product experiences. You’re a tireless advocate for our customers who thrives on developing new consumer insights that help shape our product road-map and deliver a differentiated user experience that customers love. Your design skills are well-rounded and you’re comfortable with everything from user research and wire-framing to putting pixel-perfect finishing touches on visual designs (even if you enjoy or are stronger at one aspect of the design process). In this role, you’ll be leading a core part of our consumer product experience end-to-end, collaborating daily with our engineers, data scientists, product managers, and marketers to continually evolve the value we deliver to our customers.
- Be THE advocate for our customers and their needs, helping identify and communicate consumer insights that drive our product strategy and execution
- Lead the vision for your product area along with Product and Engineering counterparts
- Translate customer needs and product requirements into high-quality, mobile-first designs across multiple platforms (web, iOS, and Android)
- Turn complex tasks and decisions into delightfully simple user experiences that build trust and drive our engagement and conversion metrics
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering within fast-paced, 2-week agile sprints to drive iterative product enhancements that effectively balance user experience, business objectives, and scope
- Partner with our Marketing and Brand team to incorporate brand voice and identity into the user experience
- Active contributor to Stride’s design systems to ensure a consistent and intuitive experience across multiple platforms
- Inspire and mentor fellow designers
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- 6 years in a Product Design or equivalent role for consumer software products
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing across all platforms: iOS, Android, and responsive web
- Strong grounding in a consistent, repeatable design process framework
- World class user research and consumer insights skill-set
- Knack for turning complex problems and tasks into simple, easy-to-use user experience
- Analytical mindset, a desire to validate design decisions with data, and a need to relentlessly measure the impact of those design decisions with clear success metrics
- Experience designing for highly personalized, data-rich experiences
- Ability to use visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects, proactively communicate progress, and deliver on time
- A terrific attitude, strong communication skills, and energy to spare
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now