Manager, Content Strategy and Creation
Capacity Interactive (CI), a digital marketing consulting firm serving arts and culture organizations, is looking for a Manager, Content Strategy and Creation.
We believe that the arts are an essential part of society and are vital to the strength of our communities. As the premier digital marketing consulting firm for culture and the arts, CI helps the arts flourish by partnering with the country’s leading cultural institutions to help them build audiences, engage community, and market smarter. Our client portfolio includes organizations across all genres, including Apollo Theater, Boston Ballet, Denver Art Museum, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and The Public Theater. Annually, we host Digital Marketing Boot Camp for the Arts, the country’s leading digital marketing conference for the arts.
About The Role:
CI’s Manager, Content Strategy and Creation is a content creator with strong and demonstrated experience in graphic design and storytelling. Their creative problem-solving and excellent interpersonal skills will lead creative direction and content creation for clients. Egoless collaboration is crucial to creating and maintaining a positive, creative, and inspiring environment. This role reports to the Director, Marketing & Content.
- Lead creative direction and design concepts, develop benefits-driven angles, and help execute stunning visual assets to be used in a variety of post formats across social platforms, including videos, motion graphics, GIFs, carousels, and more.
- Lead as a storytelling strategist, graphic designer and copywriter for all areas of social content, from storyboarding to editing and execution.
- Thrive in large-scale content analysis to understand the strengths and challenges of client’s content strategy, and give sound recommendations.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with clients to understand their organizational voice and tone, target audiences, brand and style guidelines, and overall goals to seamlessly create stellar social content and Google display ads.
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships by anticipating client needs, empathy, and expert third-level listening.
- 4-6 years working in a content creation or marketing function, preferably with knowledge of arts and/or non-profit organizations.
- Platform Proficiencies:
- Mastery of : Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro)
- Mastery of: Microsoft Word (templates and paragraph styles), Microsoft PowerPoint (templates and master slides), Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Experience with HTML and CSS, a plus
- Demonstrated interest in the organizations we serve (This can look like many things; there is no one size fits all interest)
- Ability to navigate complex situations (both internal and external) with ease
- Track record of identifying and solving problems
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Openness to learning new things (particularly technical skills)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a remote setting
The compensation for this position at $60,000. This position is eligible to participate in our short term incentive (bonus) plan.
In addition to working with enthusiastic and curious people who are passionate about the future of the arts, you'll receive the following benefits:
Paid Time Off:
- Four weeks paid vacation, including a minimum of 14 paid holidays
- Flexible holiday policy to exchange a company holiday for one of your choosing
- Minimum of 6 weeks fully paid gender-neutral parental leave, in addition to any state or federal benefits
- Guaranteed half-day Fridays over the summer and other seasons (when possible)
Company matched 401(k) plan (immediate access to 4% matched at 100%)
$80/month home office reimbursement
Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits (CI partially covers monthly premiums, and zero-deductible plans are available)
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Training and professional development
Onboarding + Training on company systems and platforms
Weekly internal education events
We are currently a fully remote company with no physical office. While we remain remote, this job requires a significant amount of time on-camera for internal and external video calls.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We cannot sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Application + Hiring Process:
Interested applicants should submit a resume plus an expression of interest in the format of their choosing. This could look like a written cover letter, a video of you speaking, or a recorded audio file. Your expression of interest should address the following: interest in the position, Capacity Interactive and/or the arts and specific relevant skills or experience.
Molly Shoemaker, Director of People Operations, will review each application. Phone interviews with People Operations and a member of our internal Hiring Committee will commence on a rolling basis beginning in early August. The Director of People Operations will recommend applicants for additional Zoom interviews with other members of the team in mid-late August.
This position is expected to commence on Tuesday, September 6, or sooner pending candidate availability.