Product Designer (UI/UX)
Every day, our talented and multi-faceted team is working on creating the best travel app in the world. From the historical center of Amsterdam we're building the place to go to for travellers that want to plan, track and remember their adventures around the globe. Our rapidly growing team of 12 (and counting!) is on a mission to inspire and connect people through travel. In the last 3 years we have welcomed over 1.000.000 users who added steps in 180+ countries. Our app was featured in Apple's WWDC keynote speeches of 2017 and 2018, and just a few months ago Google created this amazing short video about us. Surely, this puts a huge smile on our face, but our adventure has only just begun!
Product Design at Polarsteps
We care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top quality user experience for every one of our travelers. At Polarsteps, we provide a fundamentally new type of product and are continuously iterating and innovating to turn our application into the best travel app out there. As a Product Designer you will be part of our creative team bringing our platform and Travel Books to an exceptional level of excellence.
What you'll do
- Have a significant impact on Polarsteps’ user interface, visual brand and Travel Books since you'll be an early member of the creative team
- Design the User Interface of our apps. Every now and then you'll be working on Travel Books design updates as well
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or user feedback
- Provide prototypes and specs to describe interactions and motion
- Work closely with our product manager to fulfil the overall product/feature vision.
Our ideal candidate
Has 5+ years of experience designing loveable products. You are up-to-date with industry related innovations and have worked in an agile team environment. Sharing a strong portfolio that includes your best work is a breeze for you.
You know, perks... the cool stuff. Here is a list of things we have to offer. And yes, that free flight to a random location you've been hearing about, it's true. Try it out and give our Teleporter a spin here.
- 28 days of vacay for all your travel desires
- Daily team lunch
- Flexible working hours
- Talented international team
- Office downtown Amsterdam
- Free Travel Books
- Commuting expenses reimbursed
- A free flight using our Teleporter. We believe that what will really make you richer are your travel experiences. That is why once per year you’ll have the chance to use our Teleporter: with the push of a button, the Teleporter will go through all of the locations logged by our users and select a random one that is at least 1.000km away from Amsterdam. This is where your next adventure will take place! The flight is on us.