Art Director/Visual Designer
Think you’ve got a knack for working on a team, and want to be at the forefront of the digital landscape with the fastest growing peer tutoring platform?
Knack is the leading student success platform, transforming tutoring to prepare students for success in the classroom and 21st-century workplace. In partnership with colleges and universities across the country, Knack delivers affordable and impactful peer tutoring programs that ensure all students have access to the academic support they need to succeed.
If working on a team of constantly curious, driven innovators, who are modernizing peer-to-peer learning, then look no further!
We are seeking a part-time Art Director/Visual Designer.
What you get...
- Hourly pay (15-20 hours per week) with an opportunity for a future, full-time role
- Flexible, remote work schedule
- Opportunity to participate in company events and outings
- Autonomy, ownership, and the chance to grow alongside a phenomenal, passionate team
What you get to do...
- Execute top quality design work in line with our company standards across a variety of mediums and teams
- Lead, execute, and manage a system of art direction and illustration
- Work with Product & Design to adhere to and improve Knack's visual brand
- Design and collaborate with marketing and sales on collateral such as decks, landing pages, and newsletters
- Work with team members across the business to brainstorm and identify opportunities for design improvements
- Participate constructively in brainstorms, sessions, and planning
- Guide our team towards better visual practices as a whole
- Potential to join Knack full time and create an entirely new art direction for Knack!
This may be for you if...
- You have deep expertise in creating world-class designs
- You want your work to have a real-word impact
- You believe beauty is derived from utility, simplicity, elegance, and accessibility
- You know when to act quickly and when to reason from first principles
- You seek to uncover the root of problems and the underlying objectives of stakeholders
- You have a deep sense of empathy
- You are especially collaborative and value environments where the best ideas win, independent of from whom they arise
- You crave the challenge of learning and unlocking new capabilities for yourself
- You deeply value organizing and documenting your work
- Interest in a future full-time role
- WYSIWYG tool experience like Webflow or HubSpot
- Interest in leadership
- Interest and knowledge of the higher education or tutoring space
Knack Technologies, Inc. launched in 2016 at the University of Florida by a founding team who came together to build peer-to-peer communities that would be more enjoyable, relevant, and effective than traditional learning environments.
Today, we enable college students to connect with each other for in-person and online tutoring by offering an award-winning peer tutoring platform with web and mobile applications that are equal parts functional and aesthetic. We partner with some of the largest universities in the U.S., serving thousands of students, tutors, and college administrators every single day.
Knack is a fully remote company as of September 2021 (read more about the decision here!). We’re proud to be backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Jeff Vinik (Owner, Tampa Bay Lightning), Precursor Ventures, Bellini Capital Partners, Bisk Education Ventures, Elysium Venture Capital, Arizona State University Enterprise Partners, TiE Tampa Bay Angel Fund, and Alex Sink (Former CFO, State of Florida).
We’ve been featured on Inc.com, Forbes, TechCrunch, EdSurge, ELearning Inside, Entrepreneur.com, USA Today, and many other well-known publications/media outlets. Our team has won numerous awards including the 2019 Lumina Foundation’s Education Innovation Prize, UF’s Big Idea Business Plan Competition, Village Capital’s 2018 Education Program, the 2015 Thiel Summit Pitch Competition, and the 2017 1776 Challenge Cup.