Digital Creative and Design Lead
An “ideas” person, creative team leadership role, lover of Figma
Full-time (WFH or hybrid, 3 direct reports)
This unique role is a rare senior position that will fuse visual, verbal and behavioural design into all your creative explorations. We’re looking for our Lead Experience Designer who possesses a unique blend of skills, you will be a visual storyteller, a passionate blend of creative digital design talents, have a clear understanding of UX and team leadership capabilities (team of 3 – UX, AR, Digital Designer).
Miroma Project Factory (MPF) is a global award-winning digital development company providing innovative creative digital products across web, mobile, social media, interactive TV, virtual worlds, and games platforms. Founded in 2005, the company produces interactive solutions focused especially on behaviour change and gamification to positively influence our communities. We believe that when diversity, professional, creative and business growth are merged it brings powerfully innovative outcomes.
What makes us tick:
We believe in using tech for good, we passionately seek diversity in our team and leave egos at the door. We believe in an environment that is inclusive, supportive, creative, and most importantly - fun. Our values are important to us, and we make these central to everything we do. Our business is founded on strong relationships, trust, quality, and innovation. We are an ambitious team who want to create opportunities and desire for everyone to grow both in a professional and personal capacity.
What a day looks like:
You will oversee and guide the ideation and execution of original, conceptual and systematic brand thinking. You love the tension of balancing contemporary visual culture with tech-driven strategies and commercial objectives. You’re a Figma expert and your experience stems from a wide and diverse range of projects.
Like us, you’re flexible and ready to jump in at any/every phase of project delivery to solve a problem, clarify a creative imperative and discuss user expectations and experience. We welcome you to flourish in our transparent, high-performing, people-driven culture working across a rich array of diverse products from financial trading apps, to health hardware products that work with neuroplasticity and Hollywood Studios.
You take pride in building considered digital design solutions and products across experiences, web design, mobile and games and your experience has helped your innovation and creative headspace to grow so that you can combine beautiful designs with targeted client and brand deliverables.
You have design experience that has been developed ‘from scratch’ and you work well with developers, guiding them on what is achievable, implementing designs, discussing feedback, troubleshooting queries, and questions and thinking through solutions in a customer-centric way. You have possibly grown your “design-professional life” cutting your teeth and working in small to medium teams.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, analyse briefs and requirements and bring a strong creative flair to the forefront of the design work you create across a range of digital platforms and solutions.
- Balance concept and execution across composition, colour and UX and consistently bring an appreciation and solid understanding of UX and UI best practices across a variety of platforms and devices with a customer-centric approach.
- Work with project managers and developers – Strong communication skills with the ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and ensure a “right-first-time” design ethos - quality, pixel-perfect consistency and detail are your trademark across all projects and briefs.
- Coach, guide and support your team, you’re available to them to assist in their creative journeys and development and to always be mindful of project deliverables.
- Ideas and Creative Thought: You’re an ideas person, with the proactivity to be on the front foot of thought that can be translated into a design outcome, and you can tell compelling, beautiful stories.
- Design Experience: You’re a seasoned designer with experience in technical or product-driven projects, managing and looking to grow. You have designed large platforms, websites and apps from scratch.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: You can influence creative decisions and at the same time integrate and encourage cross-functional collaboration, managing and prioritising requests and feedback from the teams.
- Team Leadership: You are a skilful communicator who can articulate visual concepts and recommendations to your team and others, to bring designs to life and excite team members and clients with your designs and ideas and deliver outcomes in line with project and business plans.
- Qualifications: A degree in Design, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, or other design-related fields is certainly an advantage but not essential.
We are not expecting the successful candidate to be able to tick all the boxes from day one, although we won’t complain if you can, we love “out of the box” creative thinkers so get in touch, either way, we’d love to chat!