Senior Digital Designer
Looking for a Senior Digital Designer to come create game-changing products & experiences.
We're a leading product design and experience studio in Sydney and we're looking to up the game. We need a Digital Designer who creates game-changing products. Someone who brings the craft, minimal design aesthetic with holistic, human centred design. Someone who gets in the trenches with the team and clients, unpacks the project requirements, then blows them up.
You bring the skill we'll bring the clients, you’ll be inspired and challenged by the diversity of clients we work with. Working on global marketplaces, startups, scale-ups, government platforms, immersive cultural sector websites, and design for social impact. Some of our current projects include designing immersive experiences for our cultural friends at the Museum of Contemporary Art and Sydney Living Museums, redesigning Aged and Disability care services, working with state and federal government departments redefining design systems and multiple interesting startup products just to name a few.
Your role - Senior Digital Designer
As a Senior Digital Designer, your primary role is to define and deliver impactful, effective, beautiful design solutions that wow the users and our clients. You’ll be working in small project teams and work closely with our clients to understand their needs and respectfully challenge them on solutions.
You understand the importance of branding and communication as part of the overall customer journey and product experience. Finding the right moments to celebrate with our customers or get out of the way, so they complete a task.
The role will be a mix of the following:
- Able to work iteratively as part of the design team of product strategists, researchers and developers to design, implement and validate web based products and services.
- Create beautiful, modern UI designs and prototypes that bring to life the brand you’re working on. Whether it be bold and energetic or slow and contemplative.
- Collaborate to create simple, yet thoughtful user flows that demonstrate how user needs, and business objectives will be met.
- Work closely and workshop with clients to understand business needs, project objectives, customer flows and ideate solutions.
- Develop paper or digital sketches and wireframes to communicate ideas.
- Confidently present design concepts and articulate design rationale to team members and clients.
- Support our lead team with strategic co-design workshops.
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible.
- Create design systems that establish rules and foundations in your design solutions and allow for efficiencies as products scale.
- Systemise, document and annotate your designs in collaboration with developers to ensure your designs come to life as accurately as possible.
- Animation and/or coding skills are a bonus.
- +5 years experience in a similar role.
- Can showcase at least three substantial user-related projects demonstrating your direct involvement, that you are able to share with us, and speak about with compelling confidence.
- Good problem-solving capabilities and an analytical mind.
- Ability to create persuasive written, visual and interpersonal communication skills.
One other thing: it’s great if you already have experience working on leading, substantial products or brands, but we're mostly looking for the right skills, experience, attitude and approach.
- Our senior team and our tested approach will provide you with the context to grow your career working on great products for well-known brands, and to further develop your already strong design skills.
- A hybrid and flexible work environment, our home is the Surry Hills office which is built for collaboration use it when works for you, we generally do a 50/50 WFH split.
- Pollen takes mental health seriously. Offering a hybrid working model, “Not today Pollen” mental health days as well as being flexible to people’s working needs when required.
- Yearly training budget and personal development days.
- Training in our agile studio methodologies which increase transparency and collaboration within our product teams and clients.
- We’re foodies at heart. Enjoy frequent team lunches and weekly pastries!
- You’ll work within our committed team of digital and product designers who are passionate about creating world-class outputs. You'll create some of the best work of your career at Pollen, learn heaps, and have some fun along the way.
Need to know more? Check out our portfolio at www.pollen.com.au
Fit the bill? Get in touch
If this sounds like your dream job we’d love to hear from you.