(Currently all Rotary WHQ employees are working remotely but will return to office on a hybrid model - must be willing to relocate to or currently live in Chicagoland area.)
Rotary is a membership organization that unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities and the world. Each year, Rotary members expand their networks, build lasting relationships, and invest more than $300 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs, members and other participants, and their humanitarian service projects, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position is a member of our product team and is responsible with helping to shape the experience of our users through a range of tools and services. You will work collaboratively with product team members and other UX designers to deliver user centric solutions.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are a proactive problem-solver, and always have an eye for innovation. You consider yourself adept at negotiating priority vs timeline trade-offs with product stakeholders. You aim to deliver on business requirements as value to users.
You Will Have
- 3+ years of professional experience with design and development of interactive software interfaces and/or websites
- BA/BS in a relevant field or an equivalent demonstrated mix of education and experience
- Flexibility of approach in providing, or creating, the best solutions based on product/team needs
- Ability to perform all user testing/research related tasks
- Working knowledge of industry standards, protocols, and methodologies for both responsive and app design
- Ability to synthesize user testing/research findings into clear guidance for team members, stakeholders, developers, and others
- Proficiency in industry standard prototyping tools for static and interactive deliverables
- Proficiency in industry standard visual design tools to create high-fidelity mockups
- Proficiency in user centric design methodologies
- Experience working in a DSDM/Agile/Lean iterative project management/development model
- Ability to articulate your concepts and design decisions
- Online portfolio required, ideally, with detailed examples that illustrate the challenges you were tasked with, solutions you provided, and how they performed
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Proactive problem solver
- Showing attention to detail
You Will Be Responsible For
- Provide all UX functions as part of a cross-functional product team
- Work with multiple data sources to inform decision making and direction
- Proactively build relationships with key SMEs to gain solution insights
- Participate in and/or lead user experience research and usability studies
- Participate in, and contribute to, regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options
- Rotary does not provide VISA sponsorship or relocation assistance.