The Designer role is an integral part of the User Research and Design group within In Good Company. They will help establish and implement our brand as well as contribute to crafting the ideal experience(s) for our communities. The R&D team strives to operate in a user-first approach and therefore knowledge of user-centered design / design thinking methodologies, processes, techniques and tools is required.
Your main responsibilities as our Designer is the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work. Your day to day challenges will vary from responsive sites and emails to banners, microsites and interactive tools for use in our facility as well as across in the field.
Working closely, and with direction from, the Research and Design leads you will create assets and participate in user research exercises- contextual observation and usability testing to guide design. Assist with translating discovered needs into viable, experience-enhancing interface opportunities through user-scenarios, wireframes, task flows, mockups, and related materials.
- Ability to communicate in all directions as it relates to design decision making and how you arrived at your recommended solution(s)
- User-first mentality when designing products, experiences and services
- The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work in close collaboration with a truly multidisciplinary team
- Must be able to identify opportunities and elaborate on how design can be thoughtfully applied to aid in achieving business goals and user needs
- Help define and identify appropriate user interface strategies and approach applicable to both user-types and business function
- Advocate for useful, usable, and desirable user experiences with the ability to articulate both user experience issues and concerns
- This role requires staying up-to-date with emerging design and experience trends in order to both experiment and implement our brand and desired features / functions to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Output is- contribute to designing the UI architecture, creation and design elements, interaction flow, and functional user interface prototypes, evolving designs through functional outlines, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and full visual compositions.
- Must possess the ability to balance multiple projects with various priorities and across different stages of development simultaneously.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of engineering requirements to assure adherence to design intent and/or in accordance to specifications.
- Skilled at creating and communicating a wide range of user experience design deliverables, including (but not limited to) wireframes, flowcharts, style guides, design elements / assets libraries, visual brand languages, and prototypes.
- Familiarity with latest IOS and Android UI guidelines
- Comfortable working through the fuzzy front end but accountable for keeping the creative organized – project and system design artifacts
- Experience in understanding, applying, and growing (where needed) visual brand languages
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Human-Centered Interaction, Industrial Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in user interface design, graphic or industrial design
- Must be an active team member and enjoy working in a team environment. Can thrive as part of a group or on their own
- Must be able to continuously advance while working in the fuzzy front end and not be shaken by the thought of a moving target
- Must have strong visual design aesthetics and be passionate about their work and have a positive, excited and motivated demeanor
- Strong understanding of what goes into building a solid and thoughtful brand guide and how to communicate that across an organization
- Adobe Creative Suite (AI, XD, PS, etc.)
- AfterEffects (or some level of animation / designer’s choice)
- Prototyping Tools including but not limited to Principle, Invision Studio, Axure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
**Candidate must also be prepared to show samples of their work throughout the interview process.**
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Posted 15 days ago