Taylor & Francis Group is an Academic Publishing company headquartered in Oxford, UK. We are a global company with offices all over the world with a presence in Philadelphia, New York and Boca Raton in the US.
We are looking for you to join our newly created Product team. This is your opportunity to build something from the bottom up and be a part of our new UX team. You will strive to learn and understand users' needs and behaviors to design experiences that will bring exceptional form and function to products and services for researchers and learners.
While working as a UX Designer, you'll work on both existing and new products with a strong emphasis on creating solutions that impress users and 'remove friction', increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of workflows for both users and T&F. You will be an expert in one or more areas in the practice of UX, from user research to interaction design, to content and visual design, to lightweight prototyping. You will work primarily in the field of academic research, developing or extending a deep understanding and empathy for researchers, learners, faculty, librarians and others in academic organizations. If you have 2-4 years of experience, we encourage you to apply! Location is flexible with a preference to work from our Philadelphia or Boca Raton US offices.
You can apply on our company site or email your resume to: Michael.Takats@taylorandfrancis.com
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research and develop a deep understanding of existing and optimized research, teaching, and/or learning workflows. Conduct usability and user understanding studies through in field surveys, interviews and data analysis.
- Collaborating with colleagues throughout the business to ensure the right customer groups are targeted for research, including a broad and diverse range of global customers.
- Partnering with product and technology teams to ensure delivery of user experiences in a manner that is on-time, within budget, and of sufficient quality to meet or exceed internal/external expectations, which includes share research findings and serving as a “voice of the user” to help inform product decisions.
- Applying user-centric design methods and tools to research findings to best align end-user needs with product experiences; develop user-centric experiences for existing and new products of superior value to clients.
- Representing the user in assigned product development teams; deliver appropriate UX tasks working as member of an agile product development team
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated history of participation in user-centric product development in the creation of commercially successful new products, as well as effectively revitalizing existing products
- Demonstrated experience in conducting UX research in an applied research setting. Including drafting discussion guides; recruiting respondents; organizing test venues and mobilizing resources; interviewing; and moderating focus groups and usability (lab) test sessions.
- Demonstrated history of UX research and design in developing streamlined and intuitive interfaces in the context of complex workflows through the application of user-centric design philosophies and interaction design best practices
- Experience with international research and design, including leading field research studies globally and often in emerging markets.
- Experience working with product and user analytics to derive user insights and inform product development decisions
- Demonstrated expert-level proficiency with current design and prototyping tools
- Knowledge of publishing, learning, or related information service markets a plus
- Experience in academic research, digital education a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0, Section 508) a plus
Skills and Behaviors:
- Expert-level proficiency in key UX research/design tasks
- Knowledge of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience with survey design and survey analysis
- Passionate for and deep understanding of user-centered design principles
- Translate UX research into impactful UX designs
- Address opportunities and challenges through user-centric solutions guided by evidence-based and data-driven decision-making
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple UX projects simultaneously
- Passionate, creative, problem solver, critical thinker
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills with good attention to detail
- Effective and clear verbal and written communicator
- Good listen, team player, and willing collaborator