Mediocre is a Dallas-based stocking wholesaler in the opportunity-buy industry supplying exclusive deals across all major consumer categories primarily within our Mediocre retail websites, online eCommerce accounts, incentive channels, and our television affiliates.
We're a flat-hierarchy, peer-to-peer community of coworkers. You become part of a group that works hard, plays hard and utilizes technology to advance our business. You join forces with a group of entrepreneurs who are driven by passion. We’re always looking for like-minded people to enrich our company culture and our brand.
We are looking for a visual designer to join our visual merchandising team. You’ll work closely with merchandisers to help design and implement graphics for email, web, and app products. Additionally, you will work with the photography team to create visually engaging and innovative product images. A key aspect for the visual designer role is understanding the balance between business needs and the brand style.
As the lead visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as layout, typography, iconography, and composition. You will use your knowledge, expertise, and skills in these fields to help customers discover and engage with our sites and products.
- Build on and expand existing brand styles, and create brand identities (including logos, icons, typography, and color schemes) for newly launched projects
- Create ecommerce email layout designs for multiple brands and a wide variety of product categories, and work with the developers as they code the designs for template and automated use
- Establish and execute photography guidelines to create consistent, clear, and interesting product photography to the specs required for use in email, web, and apps
- Meet strict deadlines for events and generate accurate and concise estimates for project work
- Work collaboratively with buyers, designers, and developers to build agreed upon project needs
- Produce polished, detail-oriented, thorough work that follows known requirements and accomplishes stated goals
- Maintain close understanding of the industry, watching existing trends and forecasting design direction to keep the brand visuals and email templates current and innovative
- Present design-work to the company, communicating clearly the requirements, and how the produced designs accomplish the goals
- Learn and grow your technical understanding and abilities as new methods are created and new software launches
- A thorough and expansive portfolio, demonstrating a strong foundation in layout design, photographic editing, and brand identity creation, with examples in websites, applications, and email design as well as brand identity
- Experience working with diverse teams in an ecommerce environment
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- A passion for design, and a strong interest in fashion and related industries
- A careful eye for detail, and a self-guiding need to produce high-quality, thoroughly reviewed work
- An ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
Please submit portfolio with resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.Posted 17 days ago Apply Now