Lead UX Designer
What We Are About:
The Illumio Frontend and User Experience Team is a talented and diverse group of designers and engineers who work closely to build forward thinking security products using cutting edge technology techniques and ideas. We strive to build an inclusive culture that fosters innovation, teamwork, creativity and growth.
What You Will Accomplish:
Your primary responsibility will be to architect the overall user experience of Illumio’s flagship product. This is a hands-on position where, together with other designers, you will help craft all aspects of the experience; visual design, interaction design, and usability. The perfect person for this role is a collaborative, curious, enterprise-savvy UX & design leader who derives satisfaction from delivering customer value in the strategic field of Internet Security.
- You will be comfortable being hands-on and shifting between strategic discussions and polishing individual designs
- Your work will transform a Fortune 500 serving enterprise application into a beautiful user experience
- Advocate for customers by identifying UX opportunities.
- Help recruit, retain, and develop design talent at all levels.
- Nurture an inclusive and creative environment which generates high quality designs, team collaboration, and design critiques.
- Bring together the perspectives of all practice groups by facilitating user centered strategy and ideation sessions
- Build high level storyboards, wireframes, and collaborative concepting to communicate ideas
- Work cross functionally with engineering, product, and other teams to identify opportunities for improvement as well as new ground-breaking features
- Advocate for field and usability studies and integrate the feedback into a cohesive experience.
- As a generalist, you will work across the board from helping product management refine requirements influenced by user feedback to creating eye-popping visuals and interactions.
What You Will Bring:
- You have a portfolio you're proud of and can’t wait to show us.
- Ability to create stunning interfaces and have excellent attention for detail; it borders on obsession. You care about small details like alignment down to the very pixel and micro-interactions.
- A proven track record of operating at the small pixel level into an overarching product design strategy.
- You have taken complicated technical processes, flows, and data distilling them into a simple and beautiful experience.
- Experience in design systems and the knowledge of when it is better to handcraft a component.
- Ability to take customer needs from initial concept(s) through iterations and into final execution.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present work and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage ambiguity in an ever-changing landscape.
- You check your ego at the door and foster collaborative idea sharing and thoughtful feedback.
- You have experience shipping products and know what it takes to get something from idea to reality.
- You can handle input, ideas, and feedback from lots of different teams and deliver designs that achieve objectives for everyone.
- Ability to help the business form a product roadmap for customer experience improvements.
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas both internally and directly to executive level client stakeholders.
Who We Are
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @Illumio.Posted 17 days ago Apply Now