REI Co-op’s goal is to lower the barrier to the outdoors by making an outdoor lifestyle relatable, accessible and meaningful to all people, not just those who are already living it. The Senior Designer helps us achieve this goal by creating imaginative, strategic and culturally relevant design that push our business and brand forward.
You’re excellent at the craft of design and can develop and influence REI’s design language. You are a self-motivated independent project owner who can build frameworks, systems and guidelines that play out in a holistic brand eco-system. You are cross platform at your core and are always looking for new skills and methods to bring to the team. Because you straddle design strategy and design craft you are just as articulate with your ideas as you are with you forms.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a designer in an agency, studio or internal creative department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a Mac-based network environment
- Design chops and demonstrated sense of style and smarts
- Culturally curious and fluent in cultural and design trends
- Motion design and storyboarding experience. After Effects skills a plus
- Advanced skills in current Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch/Framer preferred
- Digital design and digital production experience
- Experience with Flash, XML, HTML, CSS