Radar (https://radar.io) is the location context platform. Our mission is to make every app on every device contextually aware.
Radar processes 100B+ locations per year from 50M+ devices worldwide. In April 2018, TechCrunch named us a top 12 up-and-coming enterprise startup in NYC (https://techcrunch.com/gallery/up-and-coming-enterprise-startups-in-nyc/).
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Foursquare and Facebook. We are backed by Accel, Expa, Fuel Capital, and great angels including Greg Brockman (previously CTO at Stripe) and Michael Katz (CEO at mParticle).
We're based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for our first designer to help us build amazing experiences for product, growth, and engineering teams using Radar. As our first designer, you'll have lots of autonomy and impact.
- Design interfaces and illustrations for the Radar website, dashboard, and sample apps
- Work closely with our engineering team to ship new features
- Establish a style guide and ensure that all features ship with consistent brand, copy, and UX
- Support our growing marketing, sales, and customer success functions with creative and collateral
- Solicit feedback from new and existing customers to inform the product roadmap
- 3+ years of product design experience (bonus if you also have brand design experience)
- Experience working alongside fast-moving engineering teams
- Extremely high standards and obsessive, pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Familiarity with modern design tools
- Independent and self-motivated, thrives on small teams with a high degree of autonomy
- Great writer and communicator
- Passionate about location and developer platforms (bonus if you have experiencing designing with maps or geo data)
- Wants to work full-time in New York City
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Commuter benefits and free Citi Bike membership
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
To apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- The position
- What gets you excited about the opportunity
- Your resume and portfolio