Lead UX/Product Designer
Sonder & Design:
By combining the standards of a boutique hotel with all the comforts of home, we’ve created a completely new travel experience. We strive to deliver a consistently exceptional experience every time. This approach has resonated with our guests. We started a little over 4 years ago and are now active in more than 20 markets across North America and Europe. And that’s just the beginning, we’re expanding into dozens of new cities and building a world-class team.
Thoughtful design is at the heart of Sonder and we’re looking for a diverse set of talents to realize our vision. The UX design team works across various mediums at Sonder. From the physical experiences at our units to the digital touchpoints of our guest and service provider apps. We advocate for our users and drive key decision making. We take pride in this and obsess over creating the best experiences for our users.
We’re looking for an experienced design practitioner to helm a core part of our business: demand generation. The work includes initial touchpoints with our guests across our website and mobile app. You’ll reimagine our booking flow, making it more inline with our mission and business model. You’ll lead design on referral and loyalty efforts amongst other initiatives.
You should be adaptable, adventurous, detail oriented, and love to see projects through from conception to completion. You should have a strong sense of designing scalable systems. You should be an expert in the history of design and curious about the field’s future. Sonder is a fast-paced challenging environment and you will be expected to go above and beyond to create beautiful, meaningful design for our guests and the cities our teams live in.
We believe exposure to different design problems and parts of the business are essential to the growth of our team members. Since we’re still small and nimble, your role may evolve to taking on new challenges on the design team including opportunities to lead. With so much growth expected over the next few years, designers have a great opportunity to shape their own career at Sonder.
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in product design
- Strong product thinking combined with ability to create polished and desirable design solutions
- Experience working on web products, mobile products and marketing focused websites
- Agency experience is a plus
- Product ownership ability along with ability to work closely with cross-functional peers
- Strong presentation, communication, and storytelling skills
- Experience leading other designers in either a direct or indirect manner
- Ability to help others improve through constructive cross-team critique
- An unending desire to learn and improve with humility
Who you will work with:
At Sonder, you’ll collaborate with a variety of folks across our Tech team and other parts of the organization.
- Product managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Operations leaders, customer support, city teammates
- Supply chain, recruiting, people ops
- And of course, other designers
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Depending on your location:
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Posted 17 days ago Apply Now