Senior Product Designer
Delivering great user experiences is one of the core values upon which Recurly has been built. Whether it’s designing a marketing web page or crafting the very user interface our customers rely on to run their businesses, the Design Team is involved at every step. We’re responsible for creating the brand promise customers have in their first interaction with Recurly and ensuring that we deliver on that promise in the product itself.
Subscription businesses around the world rely on our product every day to secure critical billing information, invoice and communicate with their customers, and evaluate their reporting data. It’s crucial that our brand and product experience communicate confidence and credibility at every step.
As a Sr. Product Designer at Recurly you’ll be part of a small but impactful team as you help us evolve the next generation of the product. In your role you’ll empathize with our customers’ needs, create scalable design systems, and deliver beautiful and intuitive interfaces. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges large and small, from the microinteractions of customer onboarding to complex and thorny design problems (like making it easy for our customers in Chicago to apply the correct “amusement tax”).
But you won’t do it alone. You’ll work as a partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers putting Design Thinking to work to bring it all to life. And of course you’ll have our lovely style guide as a foundation for all the great work you deliver.
You’ll Fit Right in if You...
- Have a strong portfolio of product design with detailed interactions
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- Are experienced working with and contributing to a product style guide
- Have incredible visual and interaction design skills, but you’re also comfortable talking about systems and strategies
- Feel confident creating new visual directions, including color theory and typography, and ensuring they’re carried out consistently
- Aren’t afraid to fail, love to iterate quickly, and when you hear the word “lean” you don’t think cuisine
- Pride yourself on unparalleled collaboration skills and you look forward to partnering with PMs, engineers, and researchers to create beautiful products in an agile environment
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess
- Love getting input from users and dread making decisions without it
- Confidence with visual design and prototyping applications. We like Sketch, Invision (they’re a VIP customer), Framer, and of course good ol’ HTML and CSS.
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions
- You’ve partnered with Product Managers to create user testing plans to confirm hypotheses for new feature ideas, or current feature sets that need improvement.
- You’ve participated in user experience research and usability studies.
- Experience creating wireframes, site maps, personas, competitive audits, storyboarding and user journeys.
- Positive attitude and the knowledge that any design problem is interesting if you make it one.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- 5+ years designing for digital products.
Design at Recurly
Recurly is committed to a strong user experience from the CEO on down and sophisticated design is a top priority here. You’ll be part of a small but growing design team with the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges on a daily basis.
Web Content Examples
- Blueprint for Subscription Success
- Minimize Churn and Maximize Revenue
- Revenue Optimization Engine
- Holiday Infographic
Recurly is an enterprise-class subscription management platform that cuts through the complexity of subscription management to optimize and automate revenue growth. Founded in 2009, Recurly uses an open platform approach to easily connect with a broad variety of back-office systems. In addition to enabling lightweight and flexible custom integrations, Recurly also has powerful out-of-the-box integrations with enterprise solutions like Salesforce, NetSuite, and Avalara to provide efficiencies through end-to-end automation of billing events throughout the customer lifecycle.
Recurly's flexible architecture, coupled with deep expertise in the payments industry is validated by the billions of dollars in transactions the company processes each year. Thousands of companies worldwide depend on Recurly to manage and optimize their rapidly-growing subscription businesses.
Offices located in San Francisco, California and Boulder, Colorado.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now