At Flatiron School, we’re helping people get a chance to change their career, enabling them to pursue a better life through education. We’re building Learn.co, an online platform for teaching and learning technical skills like coding and data science. Everyone's passionate about technology and education here, and we're designing and building tools that will shape the future of education for the better.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to help fully realize digital learning products to support the School's mission. You should have a strong design philosophy, prize simplicity and be able to handle a variety of projects across multiple platforms. You'll be joining a lean product and design team where your work will have a big impact on the product.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone that wants to be involved in education and technology and is passionate about building tools for education.
What you’ll do
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating insights into ideas that form a meaningful and delightful user experience.
- Build user flows, wireframes and prototypes that bring to life ambitious plans and generate productive discussion.
- Collaborate with product managers and cross-functional teams, as well as with our students, to craft, iterate on and communicate designs.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and engineers in order to continually raise our bar for design quality.
- Push and evolve our design process and be an advocate for design thinking.
- Be scrappy and help test software as it is built.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience designing and shipping digital products and systems, not just websites.
- You have an understanding of user testing and insights gathering to help define design solutions.
- You know when to apply, manage, and adapt design fidelity to the project you are on.
- You're passionate about the prospect of working on a team with other designers, product managers, and engineers, sharing feedback and teaching each other.
- You're self-directed and are comfortable embracing ambiguity – you love being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- You have strong communication skills, precise attention to details and ability to articulate ideas.
- You have mastered Sketch and know your way through other design tools (Zeplin, Principle, Invision, Atomic). Additionally, you have a desire to explore new tools.
- Your portfolio showcases your recent work highlighting your responsibilities and process, iterations of wireframes and prototypes, and impeccable UI design.
Posted 19 days ago