Senior Product Designer
Rasa’s tools are used by humans to teach AI assistants how to understand language and hold conversations. We’re looking for a product designer to help us design experiences for developers. Starting a new job can be scary, and that’s especially true for an early stage startup. The flip side is that you get to have a huge impact. The point of this post is to provide enough information to let you decide whether to apply.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Well designed developer tools are at the core of our mission— giving makers the tools to build AI assistants that work for everyone. As a designer in Rasa’s product team, you’re crucial to the success of our product(s).
- You’ll be building the tools that developers use to build chat and voice applications, designing new functionality from scratch and refining the features we already have.
- By creating delightful and intuitive user experiences, you’ll empower the product teams within large organisations to build conversational AI that changes how the companies operate.
- Our products are used by developers to teach machines how to understand and use human language. Developers interact with Rasa both on command-line and via a GUI. So while you don’t have to be an expert coder, you should be reasonably comfortable on the command line. Our products should feel familiar to developers who use tools like git & GitHub daily.
- You’ll be working with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and software engineering—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
Though the core of the job really hones in on the overall user experience, you ideally have end-to-end design skills—from ideation and art direction to prototyping and conducting user interviews.
-You have at least 5 years of experience in a professional UX design role.
-You have a strong portfolio that showcases your best work and your knowledge of UX best practices.
-You have experience conducting user and usability studies to inform design.
- You are an expert user of tools like Sketch, Figma, etc.
- You're pretty comfortable with the command line (for example, you know how to `git commit` and `git merge`).
- You have demonstrable experience building new products (please show us examples!). You can iterate quickly by putting an MVP in people’s hands, and test ideas and hypotheses before any code is written.
- You can effectively communicate what you need and what you’ve achieved with teammates who aren’t designers.
- You are comfortable making decisions about how the product’s user experience should work—solving the product problems through design by balancing technical, user, and business needs.
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over half a million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg include automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now