Freelance WordPress Developer
Outdoor Voices is searching for a WordPress Developer to help us build and re-launch our editorial platform. This position will work with our Content, Creative, UX, and Tech teams to develop The Recreationalist, a resource for Recreation, which will feature editorial content, as well as act as a place for community engagement. The ideal candidate has the ability to work across desktop and mobile, and the attention to detail to create incredible digital user experiences.
- Build and maintain high traffic WordPress sites that are well structured, clean and semantically sound.
- Collaborate with our UX team to translate and build responsive and mobile-friendly Wordpress themes and templates, based on mockups developed by our internal UX team
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes that will simplify the publishing of content and scale over time
- Work with project managers and teams to deliver with quality, simplify projects, and adhere to timelines
- Provide user-friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors
- Work closely with online marketing and marketing science teams to make sure the website functions properly for SEO and SEM, as well as the proper display of data
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP
- Ability to assemble a WordPress site from a design and work with other developers to structure the site in a fashion that aligns with company sales and marketing goals
- Knowledge of internationalization for WordPress with focus on solutions that can be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities
- Back-end skills in OOP programing, and experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks, etc.
- Experience working with APIs (SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Experience integrating a comment system like Discuss into a WordPress theme Version control experience (Git, GitLab, GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our team is made up of casual Recreationalists who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes and Fast Co.Posted 29 days ago Apply Now