Creative Lead, Education Modernization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The ideal candidate should be a strategic, creative, detail-oriented multitasker who stays ahead of industry trends in marketing and branding in order to contribute to the visible success of the Education Modernization Team. They will be fully conversant with our educational audiences: teachers, school administrators, students and parents, and have the sensitivity to unify our messaging around this diverse community in ways that foster inclusivity and attract non-CS communities.
This person should be enthusiastic about insight-led marketing programs that may include digital campaigns, content creation, large-scale events, partnerships, marketing collateral, case studies, websites and engaging video content. This person will work closely with a wide range of internal and external partners to drive storytelling efforts related to our programs. The ability to balance strategic vision with tactical execution for long-term and short-term needs is necessary. This role also requires an interest in Facebook's mission and community-building overall, as well as the ability to provide communications support and creative counsel for our programs.
Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work cross-functionally and successfully oversee proactive and reactive communications efforts. Candidates should be adept at building relationships with key stakeholders, and demonstrate organizational skills. This role requires high levels of creativity and strategic thinking, as you'll be contributing to overall strategy for a variety of programs, including new and developing priorities.
This is a full-time position located at in Menlo Park, California.
- Devise and execute major marketing communications strategies that support EdMod objectives
- Partner with the Head of Design to ensure projects and marketing strategies align with the overall vision of the EdMod team
- Build strong, positive working relationships across different cross-functional teams to ensure timely and well-coordinated planning and deployment of campaigns and content
- Identify and improve organizational and technological needs to create more efficient processes and approaches
- Track performance of campaigns and content across multiple communities
- Report and communicate key takeaways with team members, management and stakeholders
- Utilize marketing channels such as Email, Facebook Groups and Facebook Ads to reach and grow impact for our EdMod initiatives
- Implement a coordinated and curated content editorial calendar that supports our communications needs across social media platforms and websites
- Further develop internal design team's creative community by highlighting work through a variety of channels, including conferences, industry websites, and social media
- Drive the analytical insight necessary to understand our customer's needs and maximize impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 7+ years experience in Marketing, Partnerships, Design, Sales-Marketing and/or Communications
- Experience developing integrated online marketing programs (i.e., campaigns, collateral, presentations, event content and digital content) to drive engagement, reach and growth
- Experience in both driving strategy and in campaign execution
- Experience in collaborating with a variety of partners, managing agencies and contractors, and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Experience with fundamental design, including typography, layout, prototyping, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, HTML/CSS, and staying up-to-date with design trends
- Experience managing video campaign collateral, from full-scale commercial work to short-form social media videos
- Experience building processes by learning and testing with target audiences, tracking marketing campaigns to determine real-time testing
- Experience working in a startup environment or on a small and agile team within a larger organization
- Experience working with students, parents, volunteer/non-profit agencies, ed-tech/educational orgs
- Quantitative analytical experience and knowledge in performance-driven marketing, including A/B testing
- Desire or experience in Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Marketo and/or similar platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and desire to adapt to new technologies and tools
- Decision-making skills with successful experience influencing and leading cross-functional teams
- Self-driven, resourceful and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Sees ambiguity as an opportunity
Posted 30 days ago