As a key player on Mixpanel’s brand design team, you will make an immediate and significant impact through design-driven storytelling while elevating our brand experience. You’ll work on a mix of small and large projects with Mixpanelers across the organization, from marketers and the internal culture team to executives and board members. As a visual designer on the Brand Design team, you'll have a tremendous amount of ownership over developing the brand that we apply to a diverse set of platforms and experiences.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Great communication skills. We're a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication in all forms is key.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a highly organized self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- A fast problem solver. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Collaborate efficiently within a team setting. Comfortable working in a collaborative and informal environment working across divisions and with diverse teams.
- 4+ years of graphic design experience working at an agency or in-house
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and design systems.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative work with brand design, advertising, and growth marketing work, UI experience across multiple platforms (web, desktop, mobile).
- Ability to create both print and digital graphics that are beautiful, on brand
- You don't need to code, but you should understand at a high-level how digital products are made.
- Organized and responsible. Able to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected
- Strong drive to broaden your skills and contribute to a high impact team.
- Experience working on responsive web design and collaborating with front end engineers
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and expresses the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Deep familiarity with Sketch, Invision, Adobe creative suite, Office, etc.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Illustration and/or 3D
- HTML/CSS experience
- Animation and/or video skills
- Photography or video
- Motion design
Posted about 1 month ago