We’re looking for a passionate designer to join the team crafting tools used by millions of people around the world. You’ll focus on the needs of a diverse set of people to help them prepare for the expected and handle the unexpected throughout the course of their day. You’ll be an important member of a team of Designers who actively support one another and love to solve problems.
Sound exciting? Great, read on!
What You’ll Be Doing
Partner: you’ll work with product managers, developers and others throughout HotSchedules, to think through every aspect of core features, crafting solutions for the people that keep your favorite restaurants humming. The space we work in is deep, so you’ll learn and design for a wide array of customer needs, contexts and challenges.
Craft: you’ll own your projects from start to finish--initial concepts sketched out on a whiteboard with a PM through to the final pixel-level detail and everything in between, including regular user testing and feedback. We serve the people who rely on us.
Grow: we’ll partner to help you move down your chosen career path. The Branching Career Path lays out how we see the possible opportunities for people on our team if you’re curious.
What We’re Looking For
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a professional designerworking on web or mobile products or services. We love recent grads, but this role requires experience.
- A portfolio that showcases your UX chops and product design skills. We’re looking for product design work, not websites or marketing collateral. Please include a link with any needed passwords with your application.
- A passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with those of our business.
- Mastery of Sketch or similar design tools (we use Sketch) and experience with InVision or similar prototyping tools.
- A deep understanding of web and mobile design constraints.
- Experience implementing and improving a design system.
- You are interested in user research and want the opportunity to conduct, document and share the findings from in-context observations and user interviews.
- The ability to jump from high-level concepts into detailed design conversations, and back again.
- You are collaborative and communicative by nature. You know how to deliver and receive constructive criticism.
- You have opinions, but you leave your ego at the door.
- You’re curious. You continually iterate and improve your designs, skills, and processes, and you like to help the rest of your team level up.
Bonus Points for Restaurant Experience
You’ve worked in restaurants or bars--double bonus points if you’ve designed apps that focus on people who work in the service industry, such as scheduling systems or Point of Sales (POS) solutions.
We Are: HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members, and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Learn more about us, our story, and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page at HotSchedules.com.
HotSchedules provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HotSchedules complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now