Graphic Design / Media (US only)
Calling all innovative, detail-oriented designers located in the US: SquidBooks seeks a savvy graphic design intern to join our team for a dynamic opportunity. We're looking for an up-and-coming graphic designer with a well balanced left-and right-brain to work closely with our Creative Director and content teams to assist with various design and video projects. If you have the energy and enthusiasm for creating inventive and exciting designs, keep reading!
In this role, you should expect to:
• Work with creative director and content team on a wide range of projects, such as emails, manuals, trade show materials, web graphics, diagrams, presentation decks, branding guides, and more
• Produce work that includes but is not limited to formatting, exporting, uploading, and collection of all project types
• Assist in the design of various projects
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
• A hard-working and dedicated college junior, senior, or recent graduate (no more than 6 months beyond graduation) who is looking to gain valuable work experience in the field of graphic design and marketing
• Creative, innovative, and comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams and independently when necessary
• A self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Why do we want you? Because you have:
• An eye for typography (proper kerning, leading, etc.).
• Ability to follow style guides, instructions, and critical feedback
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong visualization and mock-up skills
• Experience designing diagrams (a plus if done in science)
• Familiarity with Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with other design/media applications, such as Final Cut Pro X or Sketch if you are familiar with UX & UI design.
• An eye for photography
• Basic knowledge of HTML (preferred)
• Mac users (preferred)
Eligibility requirements for internships:
• Must live in the United States
• Must be willing to submit a portfolio of work samples via PDF or provide a link to preview the portfolio
• Must be willing to work remotely
• Internships requires working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week
• You must be at least 18 years of age, enrolled in an undergraduate program entering your junior or senior year, enrolled in a graduate program, or a recent graduate (no more than 6 months upon graduation)
• Compensation will be based on applicant's qualifications. SquidBooks is fully remote and does not provide housing, relocation, or transportation reimbursement.
SquidBooks is a US-based educational technology startup founded to make intuitive and smarter tools for teaching and learning. SquidBooks revolutionizes reading with adaptable texts. Like the shape-shifting form of a squid, SquidBooks is designed to meet the needs of diverse learners.
SquidBooks is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.Posted 29 days ago Apply Now