Senior Product Designer
Classy has been leading innovation in web based fundraising solutions for the nonprofit sector. As part of our focus to create best in class products, design has played an integral part of our brand and value. Here, Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand and product design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a delightful customer experience and make things feel like Classy.
We’re looking for a talented designer with a passion for combining thoughtful interaction design and beautiful visual design to deliver engaging product experiences to our customers. You’ll be responsible for concept ideation and design, prototyping, and presenting ideas to the team. You will work on experiences within the Classy product team to define solutions, hit milestones and reach goals. You give a damn, and want to use the power of design for good.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Create simple and intuitive experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes, and prototypes and continuously iterating to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with a team of talented designers, PMs, engineers, data scientists, and customers in all phases of design, from discovery to execution
- Work closely with our internal design team to ensure consistency with Classy branding and marketing efforts
- Effectively negotiate your design solutions, validated through user research
- Advocate on behalf of the user, with the goal of creating the most efficient and easy-to-understand experience possible
- 5+ years professional experience designing web and mobile applications
- A portfolio of awesome UX/UI design that displays your strategy and process
- A solid capacity for simplifying complexity and ability to create successful UIs and workflows
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A team player with a strong a desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across UX and Brand design
- Experience conducting user research and analysis
- Ability to make complex topics, ideas and tasks clear and easy to understand
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision or equivalent
- Solid experience applying Design Thinking practices to projects
- Experience with motion design is a plus (Framer, Principle, or equivalent)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
OUR AWESOME PERKS
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 company paid holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- New office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park stadium, bay and ocean
- Pet friendly office
- Love the active life? We have team outings and participate in team sports
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
DEDICATION TO DIVERSITY
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Posted about 1 month ago