Digital Designer (Mid-Senior)
At Solid, we are building a team that has an insatiable appetite for learning and has a commitment to continuous improvement. Solid Digital helps customers provide the best possible user experiences for their businesses. Solutions can range from redesigned websites all the way through interactive applications. If your goal as a designer is to provide the best possible experience, coupled with a stunning on brand visuals, then keep on reading.
Solid cares about the person who joins this team just as much what skills they have, we are looking for professionals that share our values and wants to join a team with similar goals.
As a full service agency, our customers rely on our teamwork, trust, mutual respect and skill to help their businesses win. We work as a team, get our work done on time and we push each other to achieve high quality standards. You will be working with the creative team to conceptualize digital designs through flowcharts, storyboards, sitemaps, wireframes, mood boards, style guides, graphic designs, and visual mockups. We are looking for someone to bring new / fresh ideas to the table that result in custom visuals and user friendly approach for every project.
The people we hire have an open mind, rise to challenges and are comfortable asking for help when they really need it. They should also be able to accept constructive criticism from us and the client.
Bottom line: if you value design sensibilities over design trends, you’ll have no problem fitting in at Solid Digital.
Local candidates only please. This is a full time, onsite position with the possible option to work remotely a couple days a week. We are located at 100 North Lasalle Street in downtown Chicago. Very close to CTA stops.
- Organize, conduct and analyze design research
- Share findings with the project team and client
- Work along side creative & engineers to conceptualize user journey/flows
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define design direction
- Creation of sketches, wireframes, specifications, prototypes, scenarios and storyboards
- Design usable interfaces that extend beyond the conventional norm
- Building & designing pages within a WordPress page builder (Elementor is our current favorite)
- Create custom illustrations or graphics to accentuate designs
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions
- Ability to work in a team-oriented design environment
- Extremely comfortable with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Good understanding of HTML & SCSS - ability to read, edit and create styles.
- Experience with designing for B2B is desired
- Solid understanding of responsive design and mobile interface design
- Strong design sensibilities, an understanding of color, and excellent typography skills
- Excellent communicator and visual storyteller
- We are very much interested in someone who possesses a creative vision from where it all begins – pencil and paper.
- Foundational art/illustration skills with experience transferring to digital medium is a major bonus
How to Apply
Send us a personal letter telling us why you are the perfect person for this position. Please include your resume, your online portfolio, an example or two of live web sites or applications you designed and an outline of your roles within the project, plus anything else that will make you stand.
So what’s the culture like?
At Solid we want to do great work, so we try to create an environment that will support this. Here are some things we do to help.
- Open work area to promote collaboration
- Open book management style
- Monthly happy hours
- Values driven culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work from home policy
We value all of our team members. Here are some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Competitive Salary
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement Matching
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Education Program
- Growth Development Plan
Solid delivers an unmatched ability to create premium customer experiences for top tier clients. Much of our work is providing creative and technical solutions to help solve business challenges.
We believe that we all succeed together and all of our team members strive to embody our core values:
Honest Guidance: I offer up my very best ideas with no agenda. I take the success of our clients and each other seriously, and freely offer honest advice.
Creative Craftsmanship: I am proud of the work that I create. I always work to improve my skills so that I can provide the best solutions.
Thoughtful Collaboration: I work the same way with our customers as I do with my team. I actively listen and participate in every discussion. I am engaged and open-minded. I know that the best solutions are discovered only after I have considered all possibilities and worked as a team to get it right.
Dependable Service: I am client-focused. I clearly set expectations and keep my promises. I go above and beyond.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now