Product-focused front-end engineers
We are looking for experienced and driven frontend engineers to join and help us deliver on our vision – being the most trustworthy online health company in the world.
Are you someone who strives to make the world a little better, and who is not satisfied with pouring your energy into creating yet another service people don't need?
What's in it for you?
- The chance to put your best design ideas and coding skills forward, and refine the way our products and services work, look, and feel to our customers.
- A culture where we try our best to minimise meetings, and allow for long non-interrupted blocks of work-time through our dedicated Engineering Focus Time slots that are spread throughout the week.
- The opportunity to get in the company early on, helping us evolve our products and services at a moment when the company is growing very fast but still is small enough for you to make a deep personal impact.
- Shape your own role as we grow together and our needs evolve.
- Own a meaningful part of the company that you put your best work into, through our direct shares offering to employees that occur on a regular basis.
- Many interesting problems to solve, and future products & services to be designed and built – all at a global scale and with meaningful impact on people's lives.
What you'll do
- You will expand and improve our website and services, as part of the Site Team.
- You will help design and make the site beautiful and simple to use.
- You will contribute to building our team’s knowledge of different technologies, best practices, and testing methodologies.
- You will support our primary mission – delivering meaningful content and services to our users, to help them improve their health.
- Global website in three languages (English, Spanish, Swedish)
- More than 500.000 daily visits, doubling our traffic year over year.
- 60000+ paying members (our only source of revenue).
- Top Google ranking for our segment
- iOS app (released in January 2019); Android app coming soon
Our tech stack
- Modern frontend with new development being based primarily on React.
- Brand new microservices platform written mainly in Go & run with Kubernetes/Docker.
- GraphQL API for external clients (including our iOS app).
- Deployed on Amazon’s AWS cloud.
Who you are
- You have an excellent eye for great and usable design, and for making complicated things simple and beautiful.
- You have a passion for crafting beautiful code, with a focus on readability and maintainability.
- You have a lot of experience working as part of a fast-moving team, delivering quality code on time.
- You are a self-going and pragmatic doer who enjoys taking responsibility.
- You think holistically, being able to move from the big picture visionary level down to the details, both when designing and while implementing.
- Finally, you are someone who wants to contribute to truly make the world a better place.
- Experience with React or similar modern frameworks.
- Experience with collaborative UX/interaction design & visualisation tools (like Figma, InVision, etc).
- It's great if you have worked with TDD or similar testing methodologies – we love tests!
- Previous contribution to open source software projects and the community is highly valued.
The Engineering team that you will join is small but growing steadily. We are taking our time to find the right people, and since we're still less than a handful people it also implies that you'll be given lots of responsibility – and have an equally strong voice in both what we do and how we do it.
And we do our best to follow the Joel Test, and tick almost all boxes (there's a definite TODO on having dedicated Testers :)
We strive to build our Engineering team with dedicated full-time employees, so we are currently not looking for freelancers or consultants.
You will be working primarily from our Stockholm office, at Vasagatan 40. Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates we will help with your move here, and also finding a place to live.
Timing not perfect? Reach out anyway – we’ll wait for the right person :)
Applications will be processed as soon as we receive them. We look forward to hearing from you!Posted 2 months ago Apply Now