Product-focused Frontend Engineer
We are looking for experienced and driven engineers to join and help us deliver on our vision – being the most trustworthy online health company in the world.
Are you someone who strives to make the world a little better, and who is not satisfied with pouring your energy into creating yet another service people don't need?
The Engineering team that you will join is small but growing steadily. We’re focused on adding team members in a smart way, taking the time to find the right people. And since we’re a small group it also implies that you will be given a lot of responsibility – and have an equally strong voice in both what we do and how we do it.
- Global website in three languages (English, Spanish, Swedish)
- 500k daily visits, more than doubling our traffic year over year
- Top Google ranking for our segment
- iOS app (released in January 2019); Android app coming soon
Who you are
- You have an excellent eye for design, and for making complicated things simple and beautiful
- You have a lot of experience working as part of a fast-moving team and to continuously deliver quality on tight deadlines
- You are a pragmatic doer with a focus on quality
- You are self-going and want to take on lots of responsibility
- Finally, you are someone who wants to contribute to truly make the world a better place.
What you’ll do
- You will expand and improve our WordPress website, as part of the Site Team
- You will help design and make the site beautiful and simple to use
- You will support our primary mission – to deliver valuable content and services to our members to help them improve their health
- WordPress (PHP/MySQL)
- GraphQL API
- Microservices built with Go & Kubernetes/Docker
- Deployed on Amazon’s AWS cloud
- 5+ years PHP and related web development experience
- Understanding WordPress themes & frontend functionality is a strong plus
- Experience with React and similar frameworks is a definite plus
- Experience with TDD or similar testing methodologies is valued – we love tests! :)
- Bonus: Experience of UX/interaction design & visualization/prototyping tools
We have a strong commitment to building our team for the long-term, with full-time employees, so we are not looking for freelancers or consultants at this time.
You will be working primarily from our Stockholm office at Vasagatan 40 (close to the central station). Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates we’ll help with moving here and finding a place to live.
Timing not perfect? Reach out anyway – we’ll wait for the right person.
- Personal letter about why you’re perfect for this job, and why you would like to work at Diet Doctor. (Max one page)
- CV with two or more contactable references, and why you chose each of them
- Please include links to projects you have been involved with if you can (especially Open Source)
- Salary range suggestion
We look forward to your application!Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now