The Nike Valiant Labs Studio is a collection of subject matter experts working together with our Nike entrepreneurs to strategically generate new business concepts thru Human Centered Design (HCD) practices, test start-up concepts using a Lean Startup approach and push to find Product-Market-Fit by piloting new business concepts in market.
Nike Valiant Labs is seeking an experienced Studio Designer to rapidly design engaging visual content to test in-market prototype businesses and brands. This role will collaborate with and take direction from the Valiant Labs Creative Director to ensure content aligns with Entrepreneurs’ creative briefs.
In this position, the Studio Designer will be expected to develop digital, print, and environmental content including but not limited to: pitch decks, digital product UX/UI, product design, brand collateral, and packaging design. To conduct consumer testing across a range of channels, you’ll design content at various stages of development—from rapid paper prototypes to high fidelity, ready-to-ship websites. You’ll also be expected to design presentation decks that enable visual storytelling for teammates and businesses you support.
The role requires someone with outstanding design ability as well as strategic, creative reasoning. You’ll regularly be expected to solicit and provide feedback throughout your design process and pitch your work to stakeholders. You must demonstrate self-awareness, curiosity, ambition, and thrive in an environment of quick pivots and fast feedback loops. Finally, exemplary candidates are cultural amplifiers, with a track record demonstrating a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and transparency.
· Provide thought leadership on product strategy (not simply “How it should look” but “What we should build”)
· Prototype at varying levels of fidelity and be comfortable using interactive prototyping tools (e.g.: Invision)
· Partner with key leaders and teams to develop simple design solutions to complex design problems (in some cases, lead and execute design from concept to brand to product design to launch, involving both technical and non-technical partners)
· Work with various teams to develop design experiences that are simple and elegant
· Develop creative collateral, presentations (both in-house and external facing) and branded assets
· Develop and design new communication channels (print, video, web)
· Partner with external vendors and agencies to ensure consistent creative production
· Design visual frameworks and programming for partner organizations to participate with Valiant Labs
· Provide ad hoc design and consulting support to various teams as needed
· Degree and/or Higher degree in design, graphic design, visual communication or related field strongly preferred.
· 5+ years of design experience at an agency, startup, or other fast-paced environment
· Graphic and digital product design capabilities
· Strong brand, UX, UI, visual design, and prototyping skills and capabilities
· Experience designing and crafting brand vision and brand visual centers
· Previous experience tapping consumer insights and converting them to brand message and marketing campaigns
· Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Powerpoint and other design tools
· Knowledge of HTML and CSS strongly preferred
· Ability to work on several concurrent projects and manage time wisely
· A strong portfolio to demonstrate your design skills
· Interest in photography and video production a plus
· Experience in using lean startup methodologies, human-centered design and/or agile with project teams or consulting practice a plus
Please include a link to work examples in your application.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Role type: FTE
Location: Portland, OR
Compensation: Dependent upon experiencePosted 5 days ago Apply Now