Graphic Designer/Creative Director
The Hero Company is looking for a Graphic Designer/Creative Director, and if you’re the right fit for our culture, this may well be the best job you’ve ever had.
At our core, we’re a direct marketing company. In other words…
- We create incredible products: everything from relationship advice ebooks for single men, to fitness courses for young women, to nutritional supplements for everyone.
- We create captivating sales and marketing websites to sell those products.
- We buy ads, to drive traffic to our sales and marketing websites.
- We run email promotions to our prospects and customers, to keep them engaged, happy, and buying more.
- We manage the infrastructure required to support it all: the tech, operations, finance and customer support.
We’ve been around since 2007, and our team has been responsible for over $50,000,000 of online sales in the past decade. We’ve maintained an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, and just as importantly, rave reviews from our customers.
Even better… we did it all remotely. Despite our distance, we have a fantastic, fun, highly-driven “online culture”, with clear alignment on our values and our mission. We play to win, we learn from our mistakes and we celebrate our victories and each other.
The Hero Company is a poor fit for anyone who wants to “phone it in” or spend their days on social media. Underperformers, excuse-makers and games players don’t last long here. If dedication to your work and your teammates isn’t a top 3 life priority (and hopefully the other two are friends/family and health!), this isn’t the right place for you.
On the other hand: if you’re self-motivated, growth-oriented, and hard-working… and if you’re looking for the right balance of stable employment, and the freedom to shape your days and your own success… then this is where you’ll find it.
Position: Graphic Designer/Creative Director
We are searching for a Graphic Designer/Creative Director to support our fast-paced marketing efforts.
Your job will be to design everything from sales pages, to product/package labels, to ecommerce websites, to… yes… banners!
It is imperative that you have deep experience with Direct Response Marketing. You should be intimately familiar with landing pages, sales pages, checkout pages, UI best practices, and Conversion Optimization. If you haven’t spent at least a year doing Direct Response design, please do not apply.
That said, we are hoping for a “unicorn” who can produce not just killer landing pages, but also beautiful brand designs, product labels, and branded websites!
Our websites are seen by millions of people every month… which means a heck of a lot of eyes on your designs.
- Partner with the Marketing Director to bring campaign ideas to life, including web landing pages, emails, package design, social media graphics and more.
- Design cohesive campaigns across multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Ensure all final production files are prepared correctly and ready for development.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to execute the UX/UI solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of Direct Marketing design experience
- At least 5 years of general design experience
- Deep understanding of conversion-optimized design
- You’re an aesthete, and proud of it.
- You work well alone, but you’re a team player
The Ideal Candidate Is Also
- Relentlessly self-motivated, and extremely driven to succeed. You’ll take direction, but don’t need motivation, to be accountable for your results.
- Detail-Oriented: you notice when design elements “don’t add up,” you pay attention to how words are spelled, and you’re the first to catch mistakes.
- Organized and “On Top of It”: you know your area of competence so well that you don’t need to go looking for the answers when someone asks you a question.
- Obsessively Growth Oriented: you look for ways to improve yourself, and the work you do.
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
You’ll start out as an independent contractor at $45-70/hour (depending on your experience level), and you’ll be responsible for hitting 30, 60 and 90-day milestones. If you meet or exceed expectations, your full-time offer will be as follows:
- $75,000 and up Base Pay (depending on your experience level) + opportunity to grow it quickly*
- Full Health and Dental Benefits
- Work from wherever, as long as you perform and are on time for our online meetings and conference calls
- Unlimited Vacation + Major Holidays Off
*If you have more than 2 years of Direct Response experience, and a stellar track record, we will consider a higher base.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume/CV
- A 4-8 paragraph introduction. Please send this in the body of the email, and not as a separate attachment.
In this introduction, please tell us about why this appeals to you, and include any/all relevant portfolio items: websites, product labels, and yes… even banners!
We can’t wait for the right candidate to join us, and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!Posted 8 days ago Apply Now