Able is a team of designers and engineers that have launched, grown, and sold technology companies. Now, we pool our skills to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking Product Designers to join our San Francisco and New York offices. As a Product Designer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop products that address real user and business needs. You’ll work directly with Product Engineers, Product Managers, and UI Designers to lead product strategy and, through that work, improve our product development process.
What will be expected of you:
- A human-centered approach to design; you build empathy for the people you are designing for and you understand that their feedback is fundamental to creating effective solutions.
- Collaboration; you make an effort to involve people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets in your process. You take criticism well and know how to prioritize and incorporate varying points of view.
- Communication; you build trust and buy-in by articulating your design decisions in an empathetic and practical manner to internal and external stakeholders, including non-designers.
- Experimentation; you see prototyping and testing as an integral part of your design process. You continually challenge yourself to identify ways to solve your user’s problems while balancing technical complexity.
- An analytical mindset; you strive to validate your design decisions with best practices and data. You can draw out and incorporate useful insights and themes from user feedback and metrics.
- Lead product and creative direction; you collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other designers to lead and define product solutions with other team members. You lead visual direction and working closely designers to execute against that vision.
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in UX, UI, interaction, and visual design with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from.
- Enjoys and sees value in collaborating with engineers, designers, and product managers to define compelling product experiences within project constraints.
- Demonstrates strategic product-thinking and a track record of building and shipping software products that address real user and business needs.
- An appreciation for working with business owners and the value of the perspective they bring to product discussions.
- A passion for creating products that users love and extract value from.
- An appreciation of how difficult it is to build new software products and the never-ending desire to persevere through challenges and constraints.
- 3–5 years of experience working as a Product Designer or UX Designer.
- A portfolio with a collection of products with great user experience that demonstrate strong problem-solving and design skills.
- Experience with Sketch.
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Framer, Marvel, etc.) as a way to explore and validate ideas, and to communicate design requirements.
- Experience conducting user research, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Experience designing products with clients to solve business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.Posted 6 days ago Apply Now