Director of Product Design
FanDragon Technologies is looking for an innovative and passionate Director of Product Design to join our Product team. The Director of Product Design will serve as creative lead on all aspects of the creative process for the product from concept to wireframe to execution including ideation, information architecture, brand evolution, visual design, and front-end development. We work on a wide variety of products, including but not limited to web and mobile apps, so the ideal candidate must be conceptual, love all things digital, and look forward to working hard to shape the future of our Blockchain-powered start-up.
This individual will both dig in at a micro level when necessary, while keeping focus on the overall goal of each project. Reporting to the VP of Product, they will collaborate with product managers, UX, and engineering teams to develop creative concepts and approaches. They should have a passion for stunning, elegant, forward-thinking design., developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution.
- Drive the day-to-day Visual Design track for primarily digital projects, from concept and ideation through design and ultimate delivery, working with developers to ensure quality
- Serve as creative lead on assigned projects and partner with UX to validate design at all stages from a visual and experience point of view
- Create original design deliverables, including iconography and art for digital products (web and mobile apps, including wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes). Additional marketing-oriented deliverables may include banners, video content, animation social media collateral, photo editing, etc.
- Represent the creative process at all stages of the project, share work internally and strongly articulate creative vision to executive level stakeholders
- Partner with Business Development and web developers to quickly supply creative additions or revisions to serve business goals
- Brainstorm creative strategy around content for new products, including digital channels, mobile devices, and social networking sites
- Comfortably iterate and evolve existing products with regular releases, an ambitious schedule, and high coding and design standards.
- Improve the visual appeal and usability of existing apps; leading an iterative design process, driven by business needs
- Maintain usability by looking for ways to improve the user’s overall product experience
- Hire and oversee additional exception freelance staff/vendors as necessary
- Provide quality assurance of all creative design deliverables
- 5+ years of visual design experience at a top digital agency or in similar role
- Strong portfolio
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator), including guidelines for preparing photoshop files for developers
- A strong foundation in visual design principles (typography, layout, color, etc)
- Strong knowledge of technical capabilities and constraints across devices, and an interest to engage with emerging technologies
- Understanding of UX and current best-practices for web and mobile app design
- Familiarity with mobile development & responsive design
- Must have strong time management skills and have the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiasm and interest in blockchain technology and live entertainment, including concerts, theater, or comedy
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively pitch your work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a link to their online portfolio through our website ("Contact Us").Posted 7 days ago Apply Now