Lead UX Designer
Formation is seeking a Lead Product Designer with a strong UX background to help drive the overall vision and design of our flagship product. Our platform learns and adapts to individual users’ preferences, habits, and feedback—orchestrating highly relevant experiences that are truly unique to each person. We’re able to do this by leveraging advanced machine learning to coordinate and manage experimentation and optimization—this creates a deeply challenging paradigm for UX design, where the operational user becomes a partner with machine intelligence. This role will guide the creation and evolution of sophisticated tools that coordinate content creation, game-like workflow creation, and data insights/analytics.
As a Formation team member, you'll own a large part of the product design. You will challenge the status quo while recognizing proven UX patterns, and demonstrate why the approach is effective using clear documentation and demonstration. You are process focused, an excellent communicator and collaborator who can excite fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Business Team stakeholders. Ultimately, you care deeply about creating useful, highly crafted and innovative experiences.
You will be joining a five-person design/research team based in San Francisco and will report to the Vice President of Design/Co-Founder.
- Lead a cross-functional team towards holistic product solutions that will delight both users and stakeholders
- Translate design into controls, mechanisms, and processes that thoughtfully address user requirements
- Invent novel solutions for ridiculously hard problems
- Help secure intellectual property
- Support ideas and experiences from inception through engineering (IA, UX, UI, prototyping)
- Create user experience goals, priorities and deliverables that align with product milestones
- Advocate for the end-user with a deep level of empathy while keeping business and engineering constraints in mind
- Bring a high level of craft to the product creation process
- Ability to communicate with executives at Fortune 500 companies
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of applied UX, UI, and prototyping design experience for enterprise-grade products
- Proven track record for solving hard design problems
- Ability to design for both digital and physical engagements
- Advanced visual design skills and tools proficiency (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Technical ability to translate designs into reality (Invision, HTML, CSS, JS, After Effects)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Formation distills complex customer data into uniquely tailored experiences; we orchestrate physical and digital exchanges into one seamless journey. Our business is building lasting, trusted relationships between people and brands—and making it look easy.
We're already reaching millions of people a day, and we're just getting started. Our founding leadership is equal parts business, design, and engineering—because we believe differing perspectives + passionate discourse achieve the greatest outcomes. We are collectively talented, but also humble. We give our whole selves. We love learning new things.
Formation is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Also, we are thrilled to be named one of the Top 50 startups by LinkedIn! Every member of our team makes Formation a special place to work and grow. Come join us and see for yourself!
Posted about 1 month ago