Senior Graphic Designer
We are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team! As a member of the Business Development and Marketing Department, the Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for independently creating and producing graphic design and creative services projects for the firm. In this role, the Senior Graphic Designer must be able to communicate and coordinate with a variety of clients, both internally and externally and in a professional and positive manner. They must be able to anticipate, plan and proactively meet the business needs of the people they work with. In addition, the Senior Graphic Designer must be willing to accept ownership of projects and be successful in driving those projects and daily tasks to a successful conclusion.
In accordance with the Firm’s Client Service Initiatives, a Senior Graphic Designer must display good judgment; effective interpersonal communications, confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
- Design, develop and/or revise firmwide, client-facing marketing communications materials, including practice group brochures, newsletters, advertisements, handouts, RFPs, pitchbooks, client presentations, logos, posters, invitations, etc., in consultation with Director of Creative Services (DOCS) and business development managers.
- Design, develop and/or revise firmwide, office and/or practice group-specific internal communications materials, including brochures, newsletters, handouts, fliers, logos, posters, invitations, etc. in consultation with DOC, office administrators and/or administrative directors.
- Administer and troubleshoot graphic elements as necessary with external vendors, publications, etc. Alter or repair graphic element as necessary and/or place or convert graphic element into correct format/program.
- Develop and design graphic elements for litigation or trial-related uses as requested.
- Create and/or manipulate graphic elements (photos, logos, themes, etc.) for use in client-facing and internal marketing communications efforts.
- Manage external vendor relationships as needed, in consultation with DOCS, to provide additional graphic design or photographic support.
- Manage various projects of production marketing communications “deliverables,” from design phase through delivery, including brochures, invitations, advertisements, PowerPoint, fliers, etc.
- Provide support and supervision of graphics standards for all firm promotional items.
- Provide expert advice and guidance for business development managers and DOCS relating to development and production of client-facing and internal marketing communication pieces.
- Create, supervise and maintain, in consultation with DOCS, firmwide logo usage standards for all external and internal communication.
- Create, supervise and maintain, in consultation with DOCS, departmental design guidelines for production of all external and internal marketing communications (including print, video, website, portal, etc.)
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to design and communicate clearly for a variety of media.
- Must have general understanding of legal and business concepts, or the capacity to learn them quickly.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and diplomacy in complex situations.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and then turn around mockups quickly.
- Approach design problems conceptually, with close attention to detail innovation.
- Mastery in fundamental visual, typographic, and print and electronic design disciplines and principals
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Extremely detail oriented and consistent in producing quality work. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and successfully to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Able to maintain cultural awareness of the design landscape with respect to current and future trends.
- Accepts responsibility for work product and takes initiative.
- Willingness to tackle projects in a variety of media.
- Able to follow instructions accurately and keep others informed of progress.
- Is responsive and sensitive to internal and external client demands and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team, working with only periodic supervision.
- Able to work to work with all levels of firm management and with external vendors.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Must be self-reliant and persistent with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to interact with people in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Respects people’s differences in background, culture and perspective.
- Adaptable to change, open to new ideas, open to taking on new responsibilities and can adjust Client service-driven toward internal and external clients.
- Unbiased judgment, sound discretion and openness to the views of others.
- Able to quickly grasp the goals, service, culture and strategy of both the firm and the department plans to meet changing needs.
- Accepts feedback openly, seeks to improve performance based on feedback and continually seeks to enhance their role.
- Candidate must conduct him/herself professionally in appearance and actions; must set a positive example for all personnel and support a collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and perform responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as the Department's and firm's needs change.
- Adhere to and serves as a role model for the firm’s Client Service Standards.
- Flexible and dependable with the ability to work overtime (i.e., after hours, weekends, holidays, etc.) as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, with graphic design major, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience or equivalent in a professional services environment, with graphic design as a primary responsibility.
- Experience with enterprise content management systems.
- Expert knowledge of following Mac based computer programs/software required, without exception: Adobe Creative Suite CC (InDesign; Photoshop; Illustrator; & Acrobat) and Microsoft (PowerPoint & Word).
- Knowledge of following Mac based computer programs/software a plus: Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects & Sketch).
- Knowledge and experience with print and video production process by external vendors is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer an excellent total compensation package which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HD), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation/holiday/sick days, wellness programs and more.Posted 13 days ago Apply Now