Front-end Designer, Marketing
TeamSnap is seeking a visual designer to join our growing marketing communications team. You should be a kick-butt designer with strong visual and technical skills and a knack for branding. You’re a fantastic communicator with a strong ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the Chief Creative Officer, but you will spend most time working with the Director of Marketing Communications, the marcom team and multiple stakeholders.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
As a marketing designer, you will help make sure that our marketing communications design is on point and on target. You will design for web (a lot), print (a little), and occasionally kooky stuff like socks or t-shirts or tradeshow booths. You should be as comfortable crunching HTML and CSS as you are putting together a killer infographic.
You’ll work to help evolve and extend our brand, and join the marketing team and other designers in creating a strong design culture.
You must be endlessly patient, with a bias for action and a strong ability to say no in order to ruthlessly prioritize (unless your name is actually Ruth).
Some things that are important:
- A strong design portfolio or work samples, demonstrating visual design mastery.
- Expertise with information architecture.
- Strong experience with design and prototyping tools (e.g. the Adobe Suite, Sketch, inVision)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Experience in UX, user testing, AB testing, product, marketing, branding as well as design implementation in code using best practices.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills, you can efficiently gather and organize user needs and cross functional stakeholder requirements. Experience with rapid design techniques, such as the design sprint
- Ability to excite, energize and thrive in teams; highly inclusive and collaborative
- Proven ability to thrive in moments of chaos and ambiguity
- Confidence to talk to customers/clients/stakeholders and show them things not necessarily ready for prime time
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Scss) and responsive web design
- Experience with WordPress and static site generators/flat file CMSes (Jekyll, Grav) and templating engines (Mustache, Handlebars, Liquid, Twig or Jade);
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- You can write semantic HTML ( HTML5 APIs +2), responsive design and an understanding of usability and accessibility issues across all device types;
- A passion for web performance and accessibility.
- Incorporate data-informed design, user research, validation, and modern patterns into the design process
- A sense of humor. Fun is one of our values.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
Submit resumé and cover letter. Please include links to your portfolio or relevant design samples.Posted 13 days ago Apply Now