Digital Graphic Designer
DCG Communications (DCG) is seeking an experienced Digital Graphic Designer to join our creative team! The role will provide creative and technical guidance to clients, bring big ideas to fruition from conception through completion, assist in managing and developing branding of campaigns, and ensure adherence to the client’s branding and standards. The Digital Graphic Designer will report to the Creative Director and work closely with the Art Director, clients, and Project Managers to develop, create, execute, and deliver design materials for our clients.
The Digital Graphic Designer will be responsible for sharing innovative ideas and industry trends with the team as it relates to clients and their missions, attending brainstorm and in-person meetings, helping with photo shoots as needed and work with the Art Director and Creative Director to develop creative products and materials within tight timelines to help teams meet and exceed client goals. Additionally, this Graphic Designer will be responsible for 508 compliance requirements.
Location: Partner site in Old Town Alexandria
Interested? Please send a portfolio diverse in print and digital work along with resume.
What’s a good fit?
The experienced Graphic Designer will have solid experience creating digital and social-friendly animations and infographics, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a diverse workload. Candidates must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) as well as organized, excellent attention to detail, and an active listener able to incorporate feedback and revisions. The Graphic Designer will leverage their knowledge of visual design to build interactive digital ads. This is a unique opportunity to combine your expert knowledge of social media and your top-level skills in graphic design and video animation to create dynamic digital experiences.
- A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated relevant experience to have been achieved within the last ten (10) years
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications, or a related field
- Past professional experience with multimedia/digital media design
- Strong portfolio of digital media design work that demonstrates client-focused solutions to marketing challenges
- Knowledge of best practices in social media, graphic design and branding
- Strong conceptual skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Innate tendencies to solve problems creatively and take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Experience working in illustration, photography, cinematography, video production/editing and/or Section 508 Compliance, or familiarity with Adobe Premiere, WordPress, HTML, and HTML 5 animation strongly preferred
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 3% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more!Posted 14 days ago Apply Now