We are hiring a UI/UX Designer for a new, purpose-driven startup based in NYC.
We are in stealth mode inventing a new kind of data infrastructure, a new way of seeing the world, and a more responsible, ethical model of a tech company. We are backed by top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley and New York and leading angel investors, and founded by the former VP Data at Spotify. To learn more about what motivates our mission, we invite you to read:
We care deeply about design. Our founder collaborated on Design and the Elastic Mind at MoMA, founded Seed Magazine, served on the Design & Innovation Council of the World Economic Forum, and serves on the Advisory Council of Broken Nature, the XXII Triennale.
We believe in the power of small, autonomous, interdisciplinary, and highly diverse teams; in agile development; and in leading with values, first principles, and clear high-level priorities backed by data.
We provide a fun and stimulating work environment (in Jean-Michel Basquiat's former studio!), flexible hours and remote work, and competitive benefits. We believe in cultivating a growth mindset for our team — always learning, improving, being challenged, and having opportunities for professional and personal development.
- You have experience designing and building UIs to data-intensive applications
- You have a rich information design portfolio demonstrating an ability to think in systems and communicate information clearly
- You don't just practice design, you love design intellectually, technically, creatively
- You want to help build something socially impactful from the ground up
- You will collaborate with a Product Manager to understand user needs and pain points and to frame those problems in terms of our overall mission
- You will design user flows, wireframes, and interface prototypes and collect feedback from colleagues and users to guide development
- You will collaborate with developers, engineers, and a Product Manager to ensure the front-end of our platform meets the design
- You will lead internal design workshops
- You will have time to learn, experiment, and think
- Success in your first year looks like: You have helped cultivate a design mindset at our startup; you have designed and shipped some of the first interfaces for our product and are equipped to collect user feedback on an ongoing basis; and you have been part of a successful launch that is having social impact.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now