Senior Software Product Designer
Transeo (we provide software solutions to schools and school districts nationwide) is growing and hiring a Senior Software Product Designer.
The selected candidate will have 5+ years of web-centric, SaaS Product User Interface Design Experience with strong working knowledge of web technologies & browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
The perfect candidate will be a UI/UX generalist who focuses on holistic design with an understanding of user experience factors.
As a fast-paced agile start-up, the selected candidate can expect to “wear multiple hats” and take on new and different responsibilities on a regular basis, all focused on design and development.
Early Deliverables will include prototyping designs and interaction processes with current customer and internal stakeholders. The person who fills this role will have the opportunity to build a design shop and lead it as it scales.
Reporting to our VP of Product, you will work closely with our sales and development teams to design application solutions based on customer feedback and requests. You will turn ideas into presentable concepts and translate those concepts into designs that are usable, simplistic, and elegant for our education ecosystem customers.
An ideal candidate understands and has well-rounded software application/product experience, wireframing, user interface mockup design, and working with customers, product managers, and developers for successful outcomes.
What you will do:
- Work with Project Manager and Lead designer to create new products from lo-fi mockups
- Focus on User Interface Design and Development, collaborating with Full Stack, UX, Product, Sales, and our Customer Success teams.
- Participate in projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Mockup, wireframe, and iterate designs
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices
- Contribute to the evolution of our Design System process from the design position and viewpoint
- Create well-thought-out design solutions to fix current product usability issues
- Collaborate with engineering to support the development of new components and patterns across all Transeo products
- Collaborate with our UX team to analyze user feedback into actionable changes to our products
- Lead design sessions, coordinating, facilitating, and documenting user requirements and requests leading to coherent and prioritized UI/UX-centered application design artifacts.
- Contribute to UI design and development for applications
- Adhere to enterprise design standards
- Evolve graphic standards and designs
- Possibly test application features for accessibility and usability
- Possibly lead design meetings in addition to preparing requirements and specifications
- Possibly solicit customer feedback and package it an actionable, effective and economical manner, which progressively improves the product suite
- Meet with customers and partners regarding application feature development
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Minimum of 5 years of SaaS Product User Interface design experience
- 3+ years working with Figma's component libraries
- Prefer a candidate with a significant amount of "in-house" design experience vs. agency/consulting experience
- Experience working in the education ecosystem, designing software products for student, administrator, or parent usage is a HUGE PLUS
- Excellent eye for responsive user-centered design, typography, layout, and color with attention to detail
- Experience with analytics and data-driven design.
- Working knowledge of WCAG guidelines
- Strong working knowledge of web technologies & browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Willing to provide an online portfolio that showcases information architecture, interaction design, information design, and visual design experience design.
- Experience creating and implementing design systems
- Strong visual communication ability and the ability to quickly mockup a workflow
- Experience working remotely and autonomously
- Previous experience creating and implementing design systems
- Experience working on a product at a product-focused company
- Ability to effectively communicate design choices and rationale
- A comprehensive understanding of modern interface design patterns
- A drive to create structure and clarity wherever it’s needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, and strong sense of accountability.
- Understanding of technical constraints
Transeo is a different kind of company. We place a premium on social impact, having fun, working hard, and thinking deeply but practically. Transeo was created for educators by educators. We have forged both a corporate team and collaborative partnerships that represent some of the highest caliber talent and thinking in the field of K-12 education. In addition to diverse, high-energy, and smart professionals, we have a strong national network of leading educational organizations.
We build and deploy software with a suite of tools that helps schools, districts, regional entities, and states transform the way they support students in their college, career, and life readiness journey. Transeo currently features 4 products (Serve, Jobs, Journey, College) with more on the way, all fully integrated and built using the most relevant and up-to-date tech stack. The suite is highly configurable to suit the needs of every organization and impacts students in highly meaningful ways.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $90,000.00 plus commensurate with experience. We also provide the following benefits to all employees:
All required hardware and software (PC/Laptop, Software, Tools & Platforms)
Generous health plans with substantial portions covered by Transeo including:
Potential for a stock compensation plan