About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
- Evolve our brand and visual identity, constantly raising the bar on quality.
- Develop new creative assets to support the marketing, growth, and people teams. These can include seasonal marketing campaigns such as ice cream packaging or Valentine’s Day cards, office design projects such as working with muralists, microsites, event design, and more.
- Collaborate with the Product Design team on the visual design of the product to create a consistent brand experience across channels. Think icon styles, typography, onboarding flows, and more.
- Execute projects from concept to completion. You can work autonomously to plan, iterate, and progress through projects with limited feedback loops.
- Translate the visual identity to brand requirements. You understand not all work is glamorous and that balancing boundary-pushing work with banner ads and keynote templates comes with the job.
What we’re looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience in brand systems and branded executions (print, web, product, packaging).
- You’re tenacious and willing to put in the extra effort to find a solution or understand a system completely.
- You deeply understand design fundamentals, such as typography, layout, color, etc.
- You believe that great design work is not driven by a single individual or team, but by multiple unique perspectives.
- You design without ego and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You love design and you love the process. You’re always improving upon your skills but also your methodologies and tools.
- You have a portfolio that you’re dying to show us.
Who you’ll work with
Our design team currently consists out of the Head of Design, a Brand Designer, and a team of four Product Designers. In addition to working cross-functionally, you’ll work closest with:
- Vince Li, Head of Design. Vince has worked at a variety of agencies and startups both in Brand and Product design roles.
- Lily Piyathaisere, Sr Brand Designer. She has experience working at Apple, Google, and has her own jewelry brand that’s just spectacular.
- Sarah Quirk, Director of Marketing. Sarah has worked in B2B marketing focused on brand marketing and communications. She is shockingly proficient in Photoshop.
You’ll start out with a call with Vince, our Head of Design, so you can share what you’re looking for and learn more about the role and the company. After that, you’ll come by the office to show us your portfolio. We want to see end results, but are most interested in how you solved problems and made your decisions. We want to get insight into your process.
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something big
Posted 16 days ago