Digital and Creative Designer
About the Foundation
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping young children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In 2018, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize was awarded to SHOFCO (Shining Hope for Communities), a grassroots organization based in Nairobi, Kenya that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.6 billion in grants, distributing $114.9 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2017. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.8 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
About the Role
As a part of the Communications team, the Digital and Creative Designer collaborates with other teams across the Foundation to execute creative concepts and deliverables, including, but not limited to, digital, print collaterals, presentation and videos to support the Hilton Foundation's mission. This position reports to the Digital and Creative Manager.
Creative Design – 30%
- In collaboration with the Communications team, creates and designs materials for publication and distribution for both internal and external audiences, based on the current brand guidelines.
- Ensures Foundation's brand standards are maintained across all projects.
- Develops materials, including one-sheets, reports and brochures to support various departments at the Foundation.
- Works with external vendors to develop design materials in support of programs, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize and the institution.
- Pitches creative design ideas by producing drafts, prototypes, mood boards and solutions.
- Produces digital designs including, but not limited to social cards, digital ads, infographics, email newsletters and presentations.
Digital Content Production – 30%
- Provides engaging digital solutions to enhance our digital communications efforts.
- Oversees video production both locally and in international settings, if needed.
- Edits videos for programs, learning, events and internal use.
- Produces digital press kits for media and program-related communications.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (5%)
Website and Intranet Maintenance – 20%
- Works with consultants to maintain and update the website and intranet; implements user experience and design changes as necessary.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to maintain content of the Foundation's digital platforms, including, but not limited to its website and the intranet.
Digital and Creative Support – 15%
- Provides photography support.
- Maintains photography and video library through the digital assets management system.
- Provides digital assets needed for presentations.
- Keen attention to detail with regard to copy, graphic and visual communication choices.
Education / Training
- Equivalent certification, or three plus years of work experience in design, creative, media production and visual communications.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Portfolio showcasing strong design and creative skills in broad range of mediums including, print, digital and web.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and has strong copy editing skills.
- Expert knowledge of design theory, typography, color and production.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video editing or motion graphics skills.
- Self-starter who works successfully and effectively, both independently and as part of a team in a multicultural and participatory environment with a strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Familiarity of user experience and user interface design
- Worked with web content management solutions such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Video production experience.
- Interest in nonprofit, social good sector and the Foundation’s mission
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Tech savvy
- Optimizes work processes
In addition to the role specific competencies listed above, our Core Competencies are just as important as they
identify the key values and strengths shared by everyone at the Foundation, regardless of the job they perform:
Drives Vision and Purpose, Collaborates, Instills Trust, Global Perspective and Strategic Mindset
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.
Posted about 2 months ago