Senior Graphic Designer
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is looking for a Graphic Designer with exceptional multi-channel design skills who will support the marketing team and cross-functional teams by managing and implementing the design process for multi-channel campaigns.
- Manage Openly’s visual brand standards and ensure that the visual identity is applied consistently across all channels
- Create Brand work such as: brand collateral and brand guidelines.
- Create visual designs for multi-channel marketing campaigns, including emails, social media, digital ads, printing materials, landing page design to optimize the user experience/journey and increase conversions.
- Manage and implement the design process from start to finish (wireframe, concepts, design iterations, and final product)
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in relevant area of study
- 5-8 years of experience in graphic design roles
- Hubspot experience
- HTML coding experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Design experience related to financial services is a plus
- A track record of campaign designs that drove conversions
- Ability to work well in a growth stage company environment
- Ability to integrate UX and UI principles in landing page design
- Excels in a fast-paced, demanding environment; able to manage multiple tasks and juggle several time-sensitive demands, while adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working in an agency setting with multiple clients or a designer that has worked with multiple companies/brands including a brand relevant to tech and/or insurance.
Candidates should be self-starters who possess strong graphic design skills, demonstrate creativity, and excel at working cross-functionally. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of creating effective and engaging visual content. Candidates should provide a portfolio in addition to a resume. Portfolio should include at least one example from each of the following categories: landing page, email, infographic, digital ad design, and print material.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, start-up environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.