Senior Product Designer
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture and growth technology investors, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.” We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
This position is for an experienced designer looking to join a highly impactful, creative, and dynamic team.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, and the needs of our customers and can transform those insights into beautifully designed products.
- You have strong communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, justify your design decisions, and thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have great intuition, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct and validate your ideas through user research and feedback.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'd be joining a small, but growing team in New York focused on delivering valuable and intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to development and release.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
- Make data-driven decisions and advocate for your users. You’ll tie your decisions back to your research and guide the product strategy from the user’s perspective while keeping business goals and engineering constraints in mind.
- Work autonomously and act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities. Advise junior team members throughout the design process.
- Uphold high standards for visual and interaction design. Contribute to our existing design system in a scalable way.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience designing products for desktop and mobile, experience with information-heavy products or designing for complex systems is a plus
- Ability to quickly come up with multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and wireframes
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, and a working knowledge of current engineering approaches to building enterprise products
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch and kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Posted 21 days ago