Senior Graphic Designer
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.
Bumble is looking for an experienced, innovative and highly talented Senior Designer to join the Creative team in Austin, Texas. This role will report to and work closely with the Art Director. This designer will help lead concepting and design execution across various brand initiatives including but not limited to experiential, marketing and partnership assets, and digital and print collateral. They will be responsible for creating elevated, engaging, and cohesive visual brand experiences. The ideal candidate is strategic with the ability to see the big picture but also has a discerning eye for craft and detail.
Responsibilities/The main aspects of this role will involve:
- Develop, evolve and translate Bumble’s design system across multiple platforms to create a cohesive and thoughtful brand experience
- Working closely with the Art Director and Creative Team, lead and own projects from concept to completion, collaborating with teams including but not limited to Marketing, Product, Digital Innovation, Developers, etc.
- Create engaging, unique concepts that bring the brand to life, answer company-wide goals, and delight our users
- Maintain Bumble’s brand standards and help enforce brand guidelines as growth continues into new markets and ensure cross-functional brand strategy
- Act as a leader on the Creative Team, mentoring and inspiring junior team members
- Passionate: being aware of current industry trends while looking outside of the world of design for new inspiration
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment, completing simultaneous priorities under tight timelines and flexible to adapt when necessary
- A team player, and proactive contributor who is equally comfortable working autonomously and in a team
- Confident leader and challenger of ideas
- Strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Unafraid to hustle
Required experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 6+ years of professional design experience
- BA, MFA, BFA or MA in Graphic Design or Studio Art with a design concentration
- An online portfolio showing multi-platform, standout work
- In-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch (motion graphics skills are a large plus)
- Exceptional attention to detail; master of typography, color theory and layout; conceptual thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing for digital, specifically web, emails, and mobile UI
- Experience working in-house or at an agency with multiple clients, each with unique needs
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to guide teams and clients through a streamlined concept to design strategy
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once with a positive attitude
- Experience managing the full design process from beginning to end with limited supervision
Please apply by submitting your resume and portfolio link along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 50 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.
Posted 21 days ago