Senior Product Designer
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a multi-faceted Product Designer who is interested in diving deep into the weeds of our business to help us redefine our product and how we go about building it. This is the perfect role for a strong generalist—somebody who can confidently own every aspect of our UX and Design Thinking, our User Research efforts, and then move right into refined visual design, UI, and prototypes.
Why is this role important for our work?
As our first Product Designer, you will own the design of the entirety of the Stae Product. You will define not just what this product looks like, but how we think about design as a company, how our customers interface with our company, and the design direction of many projects to come. In essence, you will help us define and refine our taste, our quality, and our future. It’s no small task, so we hope you’re up for it.
What you will do on a regular basis:
- Collaborate closely with our heads of Product and Engineering to define problems, goals, and oversee the building process.
- Conduct ethnographic studies, craft user personas, and then consolidate these learnings into easy-to-understand documentation.
- Quickly plan out user flows, wireframes, and other low-fidelity design strategy work. Fast, iterative work is key.
- Act as a communication bridge between non-design stakeholders to facilitate alignment.
- Take research, planning, and feedback and quickly translate into high-fidelity, production-ready design work.
- Build interactive prototypes to represent your ideas.
- Formulate and maintain a foundational brand and design system.