Mobile Product Designer
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
The Senior Mobile Product Designer is a key partner and collaborator with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional teams to provide the best possible ideas and solutions at every stage in the mobile product design lifecycle. This role will act as a voice of the customer, planning and overseeing product vision from a high level as well as executing designs at a detailed level for our suite of mobile products.
You will work to develop a mobile web strategy for both Android and iOS on a number of device types. You will forge a mobile design vision, then work with engineers to implement that vision.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Employ primary user research, design principles, or other qualitative and quantitative data to support design decisions and feature enhancements
- Lead the mobile experience design and be able to communicate validated concepts to product owners, engineers, leadership, and customers.
- Have a holistic understanding of mobile product design including UI design, layout, typography, color theory, visual hierarchy, experience design, and business acumen.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders and promote mobile product design within the organization
- Ability to deliver on short term needs that fit into long term vision, including creating sketches and user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished, production-ready user interface and visual designs
- Contribute to building a strong design culture that highlights a user-centric approach
What We're Looking For
- Comfort in designing mobile interfaces across different screen sizes and platforms
- Fluency in best practices for mobile UI patterns
- Working knowledge of Figma, Sketch or Adobe CC, Invision or other design and prototyping tools
- 5+ years of experience designing native mobile experiences
- Proven track record in shipping high-quality products and designs for iOS and Android
- Strong understanding and consideration for user experience
- Ability to create polished, production-ready UI designs
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders of all levels within an organization
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, visual design assets, and interactive prototypes/high fidelity mockups
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile methodology
- Experience working with engineers to deploy and iterate on live software or apps.
- Ability to actively and constantly cross-functionally
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- Deep knowledge of responsive techniques and the device landscape
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time
Posted 23 days ago