Head of Design
We aim at building the most user-centric business bank in the world leveraging best-in-class engineering, elegant design, and outstanding customer support. Qonto is the leading business neobank in Europe, just 18 months after launch 🙏.
What does it mean for our users?
We simplify everyday banking, finance management and accounting so businesses can focus on what matters the most: creating value for their own customers. We serve companies from 1 to 250 employees in France and will launch Germany/Spain/Italy in Q2/2019.
Why do we believe Qonto will succeed?
We believe that we can reach our goal only if we follow our four values:
- Ambition | we tackle big problems
- Teamwork | we can only create magic by working together, at the same pace
- Mastery | we grow and get better every day
- Integrity | we care and respect our community
What does it mean to work at Qonto?
We are building a company model that puts Qontoers' growth at the center of our scale-up strategy. We never deviate from the following: Good Products Come From Good Thinkers. If you want to learn more about our work philosophy, feel free to read this article.
We also believe that being a Head of Design at Qonto, especially now, is a lifetime opportunity: we are scaling our team as well as expending in Europe as we speak. Also, a lot of structural things already exist but there are still much to create and put in place.
What Product and Design means for us?
Our product team's main goal is to turn knowledge and creativity into product value. As Head of Design, you will be in charge of defining and implementing the company's design strategy from product to branding as well as growing and coaching our 4-person Design team. You will work directly with Qonto's CPO (John Vars) and Qonto's Co-Founder & President (Steve Anavi). Let's make some amazing things!
- Manage and mentor the Design team in charge of creating the product and building the Qonto brand
- Lead the Design team by applying your craft: research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and the Marketing team to deliver a stunning user-centric experience
- Hire and develop product and brand designers
- Steward the overarching design vision for Qonto
- You have experience creating a strong, engaging design culture
- You like to solve big problems through simple yet elegant user interfaces
- Your previous role(s) include(s) Senior Product Designer or Head of Design
- You have experience at managing a growing Design team
- You are comfortable communicating in English (in both written and spoken)
- Compelling package (salary + stocks)
- Relocation package (if applicable)
- Qonto card (your lunches are on us)
- Modern health insurance for you and your family
- Large choice of sports activities with access to 100+ gyms/classes in Paris
- Typical startup perks (Macbook pro, goodies, free snacks/drinks)
- 1,000 square meters offices in "Silicon Sentier" (central Paris). New office to come!
- Regular team events to bond: team lunches/dinners, team drinks, all-hands, off-sites (just got back from Barcelona!)...