Senior Product Designer
Agora is a materials management and supply chain platform for modern commercial construction companies.
Construction is one of the world's largest and most important industries. It accounts for $10 trillion in annual spend globally and we can’t live without its output -- our roads, school, hospitals, and offices. Whilst modern marvels like this and this have stretched our imagination on what’s possible to build, there’s been very little innovation over the past 60 years on how buildings are actually built. This is our opportunity.
Our mission is to make buildings easier and cheaper to build by transforming the way construction companies operate. We’re focused on materials, which make up to 40% of project budgets, because we see tremendous gains to be made in overall project cost and efficiency by improving how they’re selected, procured and delivered.
We’re looking for a Sr. Designer who’s excited for the rare opportunity to shape a critical industry, impact an early-stage company, and grow professionally in the process. Join us.
About the role:
In this role, you will fully own product design, from the high-level product vision to the craft and finish of every detail.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a collaborative design process for major features from conception to launch
- Working cross-functionally to navigate ambiguity and identify user needs, to strengthen the product roadmap
- Developing internal systems for building user empathy and understanding
- Validating product direction and iterating on ideas quickly through customer feedback
- Efficiently transforming low fidelity product concepts into beautiful high-fidelity features
- Designing complex product workflows that can scale from novice to advanced users
- Facilitating design discussions, soliciting and providing design feedback
- Working closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Thinking beyond the pixels and design for future constraints (i.e. offline experiences)
- Leading hiring of talented designers, and contribute to cross-functional hiring for design-oriented engineers
You have the diverse set of values, abilities, skills, and experiences needed to bring a product from conceptualization to implementation, including:
- Design experience: you’ve had significant experience going from zero-to-launch at a high-tech product-driven company, ideally in enterprise SaaS
- Design sense: You have a clear sense of good interaction and visual design and are able to efficiently create delightful experiences out of complex user objectives
- Systems Design: You are able to think in terms of component-based design systems (not just screens), and challenge the system when necessary
- Strategic thinking: You can balance practicality with the highest level vision to make rapid progress in a high-growth environment
- Strong communication: You can clearly communicate design work and articulate decisions using research and data, and have experience designing and leading internal review processes to generate feedback and build consensus
- User orientation: You are empathetic to users, care deeply about creating value, and have had experience leading a user feedback review process
- Prioritization and speed: You operate with a sense of urgency and can easily distill key actions and takeaways from a complex set of user objectives
- Technical familiarity: You're used to collaborating with engineering teams directly, and have used the latest and greatest in design tools
- Ownership: You have a track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, and integrity to reach your goals, demonstrating a sense of urgency and ownership