UI/Product Designer (Junior - Midweight)
We’re looking for a passionate and talented UI/Product Designer to join our creative Studio Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a design all-rounder to join a fast growing Shoreditch tech scale-up. If you’re ready to jump into a dynamic in-house team specialising in creation and production of product design and marketing assets for multichannel applications (web, blog, social, in-app, PR, digital and offline/physical outputs), we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
This position will work within our expert creative Studio to construct the ins and outs of new products, from feature overview and prototyping, to user interface, transitions, layout and flow. The successful applicant will also assist in utilising this knowledge to execute product marketing collateral.
Setting yourself clear and challenging objectives and striving to achieve these with a real quality-focus and attention to detail will be important; we’ll want the right person to actively contribute and be undaunted by constructive criticism.
In this role, you’d report to our Head of Design and Creative Director and work with a truly talented and close-knit team to create new looks and experiences for Touchnote’s users.
- Super creative and passionate, with a can-do attitude and proactive approach to your work
- Ideally 1-2 years’ proven UI experience on mobile app design and web
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio and strong grasp of typography, colour, rhythm, alignment, balance, texture, layout and motion design animations (ideally animated iconography or animated app/web flow)
- Excellent skills in Adobe Suite and Sketch 3. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch 3 and After Effects. Extra points for InDesign and Motion Design
- Excellent visual design skills with an innate understanding of user-system interaction
- Ability to work collaboratively in the conceptualisation of marketing assets and content as well as the overall production
- Experience within a fast-paced in-house or agency creative team
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
- Ability to present your designs effectively to team members
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve skills
- Experience in an Agile environment, working in Sprints reporting to the Head of Design
- Motion graphic skills a bonus
- Actively considers the wider picture, identifying patterns and connections between issues/situation that are not obviously related
TouchNote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending app.We believe the world would be a better place if everyone took a few moments to be a bit more thoughtful and considerate. We call it ‘keeping in TouchNote’ and it’s at the heart of everything we do.It’s our mission to make it easy for people to send thoughtful postcards, prints and presents with just a few taps of a phone or tablet.Since 2008 we’ve helped to send over 10 million postcards worldwide. You’ll find us featured in leading press publications, as well as on fridges, desks, pinboards and walls across the globe!We’re privately funded and based in London, UK.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive based on experience and open to negotiation.
Other Perks Include:
- Our Thoughtful Holiday Policy - it puts you in control of the amount of holiday you take!
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, free mobile insurance and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunches
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product
What happens next?
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we hope you will hit the apply button below.
Please attach/give us links to your portfolio of work when you apply so we can check out your work!
Send your application to email@example.comPosted 28 days ago Apply Now