UX Product Designer
UX Product Designer
At Boomtown we’re building the software layer that powers and automates support for every connected technology in the world. We put the customer at the center of the support experience by enabling technology organizations to see the world the way their customers do; as an interconnected ecosystem of technologies and services, that collectively represent the overall experience.
Our software product, Relay, is Ecosystem Engagement software that brings disparate teams, systems, knowledge, communications and automation together in one place to enable organizations to deliver differentiated support experiences to customers that operate in connected environments. Relay also has an expert network where teams can seamlessly access premium remote and field services to augment their existing operations.
We serve over 200,000 business locations today and have indexed over 2,000 unique products and services. Learn more about Relay at https://thinkrelay.com.
About the Role
A UX Designer must have a clear understanding of business goals and user behavior, and be proficient in a wide variety of skills, ranging from psychology to design and technology.
We are looking for a UX designer that can deeply understand customer pains and business requirements and can translate that understanding into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes for web, mobile and embedded applications. The UX Designer will lead product design for Boomtown and will be expected to complete user research, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping. The primary focus will be on interaction design, initially in the context of our responsive web app (Relay) and our mobile apps (Connect, Toolbox).
This role will be based in Tiburon, California which is 25 minutes north of San Francisco by car or ferry.
A Bit about You
You are an analytical, empathetic, and creative designer who is able to solve problems by deeply understanding a user’s needs. When working on customer service software, efficiency matters. Every click, screen, workflow, and field can impact the bottom line for our partners. You have an intense attention to detail and obsess over making seamless, streamlined, and intuitive experiences that are beautiful.
You are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design and creating products that people love. You enjoy all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. You stay current on the latest trends and research in the industry and constantly expand your toolkit to incorporate the best ideas, such as conversational automation versus form fields, into your own work.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Conduct user research, testing, and feedback to get a deep understanding of how customers are using the product and what they like and dislike
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems and create more efficient experiences
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to understand customer problems and requirements and use their feedback to design intuitive, user-friendly experiences that meet clients’ needs
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core functionality as well as to new products and features
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ B2B SaaS UX product design experience for a product that includes connected mobile applications across iOS and Android
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Proficient with industry standard design software
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision while executing on deliverables
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while also being able to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Enjoy team participation but are a confident and highly-motivated self-starter
- A positive outlook, great sense of humor, strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow
If you’re excited about redefining how technology companies deliver exceptional customer and product experiences, come join us and help shape the future of our company. Boomtown is a close group that values hard work, dedication, learning, and creativity. We offer equity participation in an early-stage, high growth technology company, competitive health/dental/vision benefits, unlimited PTO, and cash & stock bonuses for excellent performance.Posted 29 days ago Apply Now