busuu’s vision is to break down language barriers. We are the world´s largest language learning community with over 90m users from 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers.
busuu has received several awards such as ‘Europe’s Best Education Start-up’ by TechCrunch, ‘Best of iOS Apps’ by Apple and ‘Best of Google Play’ by Google to name a few and we are part of the prestigious Future Fifty Program consisting of UK’s best Scale-Ups. We collaborate with world-leading universities (CUNY, UCL etc) in the field of language learning research, and partner with companies such as Google, Amazon and Facebook to bring language learning to AI-powered devices (Google Home, Amazon Alexa) and into virtual reality (Oculus).
busuu has raised over 15m EUR and is backed by renowned business angels and serial entrepreneurs (Johann Hansmann, Martin Varsavsky, Brent Hoberman), PROFounders Capital and McGraw-Hill Education.
We are an ambitious, high-energy, international and friendly team of 100+ based in central London with offices in Madrid and Köln. We come from diverse backgrounds and share a passion for tech start-ups and education.
At busuu, things move fast. If you’re enthusiastic, motivated and want to help us to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to learn a language, get in touch. It’s your chance to change the world.
We are looking for a Product Designer to set a high bar for design across all of our products. We need a “full-stack” designer who can tackle design problems from beginning to end – is that you?
You will be responsible for managing designing the busuu app across iOS, Android and Web, working closely with product managers, designers, engineers and education experts. Most importantly, you will positively impact the lives of million of people – everyday, you will be pushing features and flows to our more than 90 million users across the globe, each learning a new language to improve their lives.
What does a Product Designer do at busuu?
As a designer at busuu, you will have the opportunity to design the interfaces and interactions for new features, pushed to millions of users every day. You will lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You will set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
You will work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas. You’ll partner with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
What we’re looking for from a Product Designer at busuu…
- A good eye, capable of creating both low-fi sketches and pixel-perfect visual designs 🖌
- You have experience working within an Agile development team at a consumer product company. You play well with engineers and product managers ⚽
- You can tackle design problems autonomously, from beginning to end, from problem definition to iteration, through prototyping and user testing ⚒
- You enjoy collaborating with other designers and improving each other’s work through structured critique 👀
- You have broad knowledge and deep understanding of design methodologies, techniques and tools 📐
- You are able to design cross-platforms and cross-devices📱 💻 . You design for systems, not for screens in isolation. You understand that systems are complex, even when they look simple, because changing one thing in a system affects everything else in the system 🧩
- You have basic experience with user research, quantitative and qualitative, to find usability problem areas and opportunities for improvement 🔎
Not ticking every box or think you’ve got that unique set of skills we haven’t realised we need? Get in touch anyway; we’re always looking to add great people at every level.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Training budget so you can level up
- Private healthcare.
- Gym membership.
- Free breakfast and snacks.
- Friday socials and evenings out in London
- Regular company trips - we're renting an island in Croatia next!
Posted 29 days ago