At Lightful, we passionately believe that technology can play a key role in transforming the beyond - profit sector - charities, social enterprises and non profits. By applying the best of technology and latest innovations, we can help people doing good to do even more good.
Our purpose is to strengthen relationships between people who want a better world and the great causes making it happen. Because we believe that through stronger relationships, we can all make more of an impact. We work across multiple areas and partner with a wide variety of inspirational charities and social enterprises.
Lightful is ambitious and growing quickly. We are well backed by a group of passionate, socially minded investors, and have a 48-person team of smart and passionate individuals.
This role as a UX Designer will involve working closely across our teams in Lightful, and with senior stakeholders and leaders in the charity sector. You will help to make our social media management platform the leading tool which helps nonprofits around the world to upskill, save time and raise more awareness and funds for their work. The role will be fast paced, varied, and rewarding.
Lightful Beliefs and Values
Our Beliefs and Values are integral to the Lightful culture. The Lightful Values are:
- To act with audacity while remembering humility.
- To understand the importance of both listening and leadership.
- To practice generosity whilst showing accountability.
- These all lay on the foundation of respect and integrity.
The Role’s main responsibilities
- Lead and manage all phases of the user experience design process for the platform, through a data-informed, test-and-learn approach
- Work across functional teams to understand the problems and needs of our users
- Plan and run end-to-end user research, concept and usability testing sessions via surveys, interviews and focus groups
- Report findings and lead a collaborative approach to ideation and design
- Work closely with the Director of Product on prioritisation of new testing activities, related to upcoming roadmap items
- Proactively lead the inclusion of user-centric design at every stage of the project to continue to transform the company to a user centric approach
- Create user journeys
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes with the team
- Create & maintain personas
- Create wireframes using component library & amend based on user feedback
- Work closely with the Director of Product on new feature specifications, and the necessary UX tasks
- Help develop and maintain our component library
- Interpret user data into user flows
- Ensure our users have a consistent experience across the platform
- Optimise existing designs and processes
- Collaborate closely with the development team and UI designers to produce production ready deliverables
Key Skills Required
Reporting to the Director of Product, you will have:
- Experience with end-to-end product design (from the concept to final designs)
- Experience leading workshops to define user journeys
- Ability to interpret and apply insights from a range of sources
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an agile UX project environment
- A thorough understanding of usability best practices and accessibility standards
- Demonstrable experience of research and design artefacts - e.g. personas, user journey maps, wireframes and prototypes
- Experience of running user research workshops including card sorting exercises, interview scripts, prototypes and focus groups
- Cross-platform experience including web, mobile and tablet
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders from different business areas
- Experience in designing and conducting user research
- Attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Experience with design based applications and prototyping tools - e.g. Sketch, Marvel, Abstract
- Experience using Jira to manage tasks (desirable)
- Self-starter - highly motivated with minimal supervision
- Passion for the social sector, and the role technology can play in creating social impact
- Good team player with a positive attitude
Joining Lightful means you will be a part of our vibrant culture, passionate mission and be in a career that fosters your personal growth and development. We will ensure you thrive in a close-knit team environment, and be able to deliver your best work.
Benefits of joining the Lightful team include:
- Amazing office in Second Home Shoreditch, London
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and treats in the office
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free gym, yoga and meditation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Phone Insurance
- Bespoke Development Programme
- Stock options - every team member shares in the success of Lightful
- And many many more
Please submit your CV and a one-page covering letter saying why you are the right person to help us with this exciting stage of growth and email us at email@example.com
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now