BUG-A-SALT, a rapidly growing brand manufacturing a unique, patented insect eradication device seeks a full-time Art Director with an excellent sense of humor. If you find JACKASS, LARRY THE CABLE GUY, DUCK DYNASTY, and/or SOUTH PARK amusing, please apply for this job.
Our CEO says, “Look at our stuff online. Figure it out. We shoot flies in slow motion and make fun of ourselves and everyone else. It’s 12-year-old humor.”
In 2016 we came close to grossing $10M in sales, and then in 2017 we doubled sales! Holy moly last year BUG-A-SALT sales increased by 50%. 2019 means its officially time to hire an art director who can bring us to the next level. We need some fresh, hysterical content for social media and TV commercials. We also need our art director to work with our sales team in order to provide more traditional advertising materials for customers like Amazon, Walmart, US Military, and/or True Value Hardware.
Specifically, you will be responsible for concepting brand strategy and crafting entertaining content for the BUG-A-SALT brand across multiple channels: TV, Radio, E-commerce platforms, sales channels including Amazon, social media channels, email campaigns, outdoor advertising, and print advertising among others.
This role will also receive a crash course in customer service to learn the lay of the land and the essentials to keeping our customers happy. CUSTOMER SERVICE = EVERYTHING to BUG-A-SALT!
As a young, fast-growing company we value individuals who have a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Applicants must be self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable (willing to wear many hats), and love dogs (or at least not be allergic to them since it’s a dog friendly office). Bottom line it’s a casual workplace here, but we thrive on getting a lot of “shit” done, and you are being hired to facilitate growth.
Pay for this position will be commensurate with experience. BUG-A-SALT is modeled to reward employees who prove themselves to be hard working and dedicated. After a trial period, team members qualify for health/dental insurance, paid vacation, and retirement plan benefits.
- As part of the management team, you are expected to be accountable for driving revenue and thus will report directly to the President of the company, an experienced marketer and former studio executive.
- Work directly with our CEO/founder/inventor on new product development and launches.
- Serve as a manager, mentor and team builder – directing, inspiring, laughing, and doing!
- Bring passion for new creative thinking and big ideas to our CEO/inventor and company.
- Manage the design development of high-impact presentation materials for external, internal, and partner use.
- Manage design and development of creative in order to maximize sales & engagement across: bugasalt.com (our amusement park for customers) social media campaigns (playground for customers), and email blasts (chuckle break).
- Create and manage all digital visual elements, including typography, layout, imagery, and iconography.
- Write and/or approve copy for tag lines, product packaging, product listings, and other written materials as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work done by the creative/marketing group is timely, accurate, complete and on budget.
- Maintain pulse on market, pop culture, design trends, color directions, advertising and online trends.
- Play integral role in management of external agencies; attend and organize all creative productions.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years with a strong background in the world of design, communication, storytelling and creativity for established brand(s).
- Proven leadership ability creating and supporting teams, negotiating, selling ideas to others, resolving conflicts, and managing change effectively (you’re not only able to accomplish these things, you also have fun doing them too).
- A track record of producing excellent and/or funny work (ideally both).
- Expert knowledge of branding - confident and comfortable with art history/pop culture, and a wizard of typography.
- Ability to adjust priorities and operate in a fast paced and fluid environment (in other words if we sell out of inventory and need to change gears quickly you can’t be the stick in the mud).
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, and Illustrator
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume! We strongly encourage you to share anything funny or fun you have ever worked on! Bottom line we want to entertain our customers aka fans and make them chuckle.
Posted 6 days ago